Pet hates

• Please log in to reply
2574 replies to this topic

#46 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:19 AM

Whilst it is clear, to me at least, that capital punishment is not a deterrent to the more serious crimes that can occur in society, it would certainly work as a deterrent to the types of "crimes" which could be classed as minor, or even pet hates.
For instance, if dropping litter resulted in the death penalty our streets would be spotless, you wouldn't see any feet on train seats, and almost certainly no-one daring to venture outdoors without first drying their hair.
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#47 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 08:23 AM

I dislike the way people argue, laugh and talk jibberish very loudly at 2 -4am outside my house with no regard to anyone else. I am always tempted to follow them home and give them the same treatment. Why don't I? because I would obviiously be arrested for unsociable behaviour!

I get really cross when 'christians' behave in an unchristian manner. they park in our only loading bay and in all the other available bays all day long meaning that we can't unload our goods and our weekend customers have nowhere to park.

I hate the fact that the pavements are worse now than before the regeneration.

Other pet hates:

The scaffolding outside the Pantry
The fact that the owners of the old book shop in Church Rd have got away with taking most of the shop for the flat behind and then boarding it up for years to hide the fact .
Billboards that are put up ilegally and then stay there for years while the council go through red tape. (Why can't they just remove them!)
T.V. companies who think they have the *** given right to move and organise the general public in public places.
Pompous vegetarians. (not all vegitarians)
impossible to open food packaging

Think that's enough for now! Have a nice day. :P

#48 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:08 AM

Looks like I hit a raw nerve with the wet hair thing - loads of people have mentioned it! Apologies if I've genuinely upset anyone :(

Edited by rachel, 13 April 2006 - 09:08 AM.

#49 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:12 AM

Going back and re-reading all these posts makes me think that re-introduction of public stocks would be a welcome addition to our criminal justice system. Shall we ask Sainsbury's if we can build some on the little green oustside :P

#50 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:38 AM

Ooh James that sounds like a marvellous idea. I'd be willing to let a few tomatoes go to waste just to participate :D

#51 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

Me too I could get some practice for my 40th as I am going to tomatina festival just outside valaencia in August.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#52 belle

belle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

I've thought of another one? Some people call it the Antipodean Lilt? Some people call it uptalk? Either way it's really annoying? It's especially common with women? Some people believe it's because women tend to seek approval? And so want everyone to show that they agree with them? Either way it makes you sound like you're unsure of yourself? And it takes all the rhythm and style out of the english language? Can you imagine watching Shakespeare done in uptalk? Ohh - that last one actually was a question.

My niece does it all the time. And now my sister, her mother has started picking it up. It drives me mad!
Dork Adore - the ultimate haven for geeks!

#53 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:27 AM

ha ha ha :D I had a silent bet with myself that you would be up for it Dazza

#54 determinedmoth

determinedmoth

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:38 AM

Anti Smokers

Property Conversations

Children

Public Transport, and (generally) the people who use it who are (generally) rude, smell, eat, too fat for the seats etc.... Public Transport pretty much makes london a complete misery for me.

#55 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:46 AM

Are children pets ?

#56 matt

matt

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:47 AM

belle - that is like, so true.
(adding the cross-atlantic surfer-imbecile-type grammar to the list).

I still blame Clueless for this

#57 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:50 AM

Another Pet hate of mine Jamesl is being so damm predictable !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#58 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:59 PM

Cheer up you lot - it's Easter Bank Holiday! Yay :D

#59 determinedmoth

determinedmoth

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

Cheer up you lot - it's Easter Bank Holiday! Yay :D

Great! Even less service than usual on the trains just when I need it!

On the up side, I'm off to Fleet where I will eat turkey and slow roasted mutton and do nothing for 4 days.

#60 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

Public Transport, and (generally) the people who use it who are (generally) rude, smell, eat, too fat for the seats etc.... Public Transport pretty much makes london a complete misery for me.

You and me both - and I'm a tube driver :D