#1 benpark

benpark

Ben Park

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:01 PM

Hi,

We're looking to have a wooden floor laid in our flat in West Norwood. Can anybody recommend a good company for doing this?

Cheers,
Ben

#2 anopheles

anopheles

Anopheles

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:15 PM

Yes benpark, indeed I can. We have a somewhat cavernous Victorian house which badly needed to have the floors either covered or redone. I opted for a wooden floor on top of the existing (draughty) one. The man I found (through The InterSchools Advertiser) to lay our kitchen floor was so good that the following year (when I had saved up enough money) he came back to do the hall. I am now saving for him to carry on through my studio and utility rooms. His name is Peter Victor and you can reach him by e-mail: peter@victor1.freeserve.co.uk

Good luck.
Anopheles

#3 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:42 PM

Do any of you good people know of anyone who could lay a laminate floor? We already have all the boards etc. and basically want our hall and lounge done before our baby arrives in late May/early June.

It's about 32 sq/m of work.

Cheers.

#4 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:31 PM

A shameless bump for this in case anyone new hasn't seen it :ph34r:

Anyone?

#5 HeadGardener

HeadGardener

• Sponsors
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:56 AM

Will PM you with the number of the chap who did ours. I would say that the job he did was good rather than brilliant, but that may be my mistake for not being here to supervise him with my terror x-ray vision!

#6 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:50 AM

Thank you HG! I am getting seriously worried now that it won't be done in time for the baby's arrival - and I'm really going to want someone here doing it when I've got a newborn!

Have tried to convince husband he can do it himself - but given his record with flat-pack furniture, perhaps it's better if he doesn't :blink:

#7 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

Thanks again HG - have PM'd you - it's all arranged :D

#8 zazou

zazou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:10 PM

Hi, was wondering if you were happy with the guy who laid the floor...would you I am looking to get my floors done in about a month or so. thanks

#9 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

Yes definitely. I will PM you his number.

#10 adam1982

adam1982

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:50 PM

How expensive was it to have it laid? Was going to do mine myself, but if it doesn't cost too much I might consider getting someone in.

#11 anopheles

anopheles

Anopheles

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

Hi Benpark - can I reach you by e-mail, or ask you to contact me by e-mail ? Am wondering if you used Peter Victor and whether you have a contact address/phone number for him. The e-mail I have for him is not producing any replies and I know he was moving house. Would be most grateful if you could help.

:huh:
Anopheles

#12 spoiltdog

spoiltdog

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:46 PM

Hi,if you are still looking for some one to do youre floors drop me a email awjacob@hotmail.com My prices are very reasonable

#13 benpark

benpark

Ben Park

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:01 PM

Don't bother using Peter. He seemed like a nice guy but I eventually gave up on him after he repeatedly ignored my attempts to contact him. He kept on not showing up and in the end i'd had enough.

#14 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

Harpers Installations - great small business - know the guy from a previous occupation and he has done a few jobs for friends of mine i have passed his details onto.....
they know what theyre doing and a friendly service with it.....

118, Ridge Langley, South Croydon, Surrey CR2 0AS
Tel: 0845 468 0657 Tel: 0208 657 2654

http://www.harpersflooring.com
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#15 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:26 PM

I got a very strong recommendation from Peter who runs the Architectural Salvage shop (the Old Bath House) in Sydenham for P.J. Pine, which is on Central Hill in CP. Apparently they are good for stripping doors, and have a guy named Leroy who is excellent at floor refinishing.