Residential Window Cleaners

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#16 HeadGardener

HeadGardener

• Sponsors
  • 677 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:16 PM

If you're still looking for a window cleaner in WN, PM me and I'll give you the number for the guy who does most of this street and those around it!

#17 emenane

emenane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

hi. does the WN window cleaner also come to crystal palace/gipsy hill? my windows really need a good clean.

any recommendations appreciated.
thanks

#18 BonBon

BonBon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

A guy came around the other week - Richard 020 8265 5806

Said he does the areas once a month, seemed like a nice enough guy and his prices weren't too bad.

#19 nickyb-inthecp

nickyb-inthecp

Battling a dangerous forum addiction

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:25 PM

Is it against the rules of the forum to ask exactly what "not too expensive" and "good prices" are?
A ballpark figure would be handy (along with the type of property you have) as it strikes me as a 'finger in the air' type calculation.

I know my parent's window cleaner adds a fiver on when my dad answers the door as he presumes he has no idea of the going rate! : )

#20 BonBon

BonBon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:47 PM

It's a 3-bed terraced house and he said it would be 6 per month, which didn't sound too bad to me but I'd be interested to see how much other people pay for their windows to be cleaned. (BTW, I didn't clarify it that was front and back or front only.)

#21 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

does anyone know if these magnetic window cleaners work?
http://www.pitchwell...sp?idProduct=81
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ksid=p1638.m124

I tried using squeegies on a stick while leaning out over the very high window ledges..... it was tremendously exciting for the vertigo, only occasionally dropped everything to the floors below, took ages, and in the end there was one fairly large part of the window that was uncleanable, as it was covered by the other open sash. SO - I'm thinking of investing in one of these jobbers if you guys tell me they work.

#22 lovelydai

lovelydai

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hi Ziwa. I've been looking at those things aw well. They seemed a bit pricey for what they were, so I googled them and found in a couple of fora(?) that the outside one has a tendancy to fall off. Some are attached by a bit of string, so it might not be as big a faff as you might think. So I'm going to call one of the guys listed proviously.

All the best

Dave

Edited by James, 17 March 2008 - 01:58 PM.
Removed unnecessary quoted reply

#23 Pussycat

Pussycat

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

Hello

We've had our windows cleaned once a month for the past 4 years by a company called 'Shiners' (020 8669 4603), they're based in Wallington.
We live in Streatham (just over the hill from SE27) and also have a 3 bed terrace. They charge us 5 a month but that's only for the front: large bay window, front door and 2 upstairs windows. I think they would also do the back but as we're mid-terrace and not always in when they turn up we don't bother (but probably should!).

Good luck!

#24 Bond

Bond

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

I know this probably gets asked every few months or so, but does anyone know of a decent window cleaner operating in West Norwood ? ta

#25 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

am also looking for one in CP

thanks
...palacegirl
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#26 sads1

sads1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

I'm also looking for one in West Norwood for my first and second floor flat in Victorian conversion (I blame the previous owners who seem to have enjoyed painting all the top sash windows shut meaning I have a very clean first quarter of each window and the remaining third looks like it hasn't been touched since the acid rain in the 80s)....all suggestions greatly appreciated.

#27 IanW

IanW

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

We are also looking for a local window cleaner, can anyone recommend someone in the SE19 area?
Cheers,
Ian.
Support a cinema for Crystal Palace
Visit the campaign website: http://www.campaign.picture-palace.org
Sign the on-line petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/acfcp
Join the Facebook page: http://www.facebook....ce/169096823086

#28 Ernie&Kopka

Ernie&Kopka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:46 PM

Hi there,

Can anyone recommmend a good window cleaner in the triangle area? The last one we had fell off his ladder in quite a spectacular way!

Thanks

#29 cathyh

cathyh

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:42 PM

Hi there,

Can anyone recommmend a good window cleaner in the triangle area? The last one we had fell off his ladder in quite a spectacular way!

Thanks

Hi, I am using a very nice, reliable man called Stephen, he has his own website www.dream2destiny.vpweb.co.uk or 07908 509 263, he charges me £12 for a 2 front and back of my house and I have very large windows, give him a call as he is still establishing his round in SE19

Edited by cathyh, 10 November 2009 - 01:43 PM.

#30 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:07 AM

Hi, I am using a very nice, reliable man called Stephen, he has his own website www.dream2destiny.vpweb.co.uk or 07908 509 263, he charges me 12 for a 2 front and back of my house and I have very large windows, give him a call as he is still establishing his round in SE19

I have used Stephen for the first time last week - great result and very cheap I thought!

Just call him or leave message on his website, he'll be in touch and visit you to give you a quote. I am glad that I finally found somebody reliable - nice clean windows, loving it!!!

...palacegirl
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....