• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#16 palacemate

palacemate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

Anyone know a decent garage in the area for MOT (Cawnpore street now closed and they were pretty reliable) - would prefer a smaller private garage than Quickfit Sydenham for obvious reasons although of course last resort .... and all that ... living in Palace - so Anerley, Sydenham, West Norwood etc would be great .... cheers Palacemate

#17 360 Degrees

360 Degrees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

Hi

I noticed your message about MOT centres in Sydenham, so I have cut and pasted my earlier post as it is relevant for your appeal.

Moderator's Note
Please avoid quoting previous posts... it will only make our database bigger.
Just click on the Post # in the top right hand corner to get the link for a specific post. Like this...
http://www.virtualno.......ost&p=39696

Edited by James, 01 June 2007 - 11:05 PM.
Please see Forum Guidelines

Julie Laughton - 360 Degrees - Improving Every Angle of Your Life. Property Maintenance Solutions, Lifestyle Management Services and Project Management for your Home Improvement Projects. Visit My Website Email for Info

#18 Steve Palmer

Steve Palmer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:47 PM

My wife and I have used Total Auto Care, 228 Portland Road, South Norwood for over two years and are happy to recommend them. Tel 0208 656 5665

#19 sally brooks

sally brooks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

I always use Thompson's Garages at Crown Point, very reliable and friendly. They have kept my little seicento on the road for 6 years now!

#20 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:10 PM

It may be a little late now, but I was given 2 recommendations of reliable and honest MOT garages - one was also Total Autocare and the other Myers Motors, both of Elmers End. No phone numbers but they should be in Yellow Pages.
aka Pie

#21 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:17 AM

http://www.virtualno.......ost&p=39696

I second Knighton Motors in Sydenham. They used to do my MOTs and services for me and were always completely honest.

#22 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

I recently used the Nationwide Auto Centre on Elmers End Road.

Good:
  • I was able to book online, which was convenient
  • I got my AA discount
  • so full service and MOT came to 180, which is a bit of a bargain
Bad:
  • They would have let me drive away without having stamped my service book, had I not realised
  • They didn't reset the digital service counter on my car so I am still getting the beep telling me a service is overdue

Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#23 Murray

Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:41 AM

Hi
I know people have posted suggestions for MOT and service centres but does anyone know of a decent mechanic in the area? I have used Queens Motors in Penge for service and MOT and they were fine but they have failed to diagnose two faults with my car which are now getting worse. In their defence, the faults may well be difficult to identify, but nonetheless, I am looking for a second opinion from a knowledgeable mechanic.

Cheers

#24 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:11 PM

I can recommend the excellent and ever-cheerful Rob Holloway of Gipsy Road Motors (rear of 242 Gipsy Road, near Mangosteen), tel 8670-3100/07941-084626. Tell him I sent you -- I go there so often to repair the work of vandals (two lost wing mirrors, one key scratch and one jemmied lock in the past six months... how depressing -- and expensive) that my number's in his mobile phone!

Gill

#25 candc

candc

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:55 PM

I have always used the garage on Central Hill (Charles Turner). I used to go to Terry who has now retired and another guy has taken over from him. Last week I needed my exhaust looking at as the car sounded like a boy racer had fiddled with it. He fixed the car but insisted on payment in cash (not cheque). Is this usual for garages? I haven't experienced this before. I didn't feel particularly safe walking down Central Hill with a few notes in my pocket!

#26 OG_Mudboom

OG_Mudboom

• Pending Removal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:12 PM

Can anybody suggest damage repair centres in the area (CPalace, UNorwood, WDulwich etc.). Looking for good mechanic/garage to look at and fix my audi front end. Bus whacked the drivers side front wheel, side on, damaging the wheel, front drivers side panel, bumper, light. etc). Its been off the road for a year now, but looking into sorting it.

Edited by James, 11 September 2007 - 11:33 PM.
Removed Off Topic Comments

Either they don't know, don't show...or just don't care what's going on in Norwood.

#27 Bri_957

Bri_957

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:43 AM

There is a good bodyshop on Bedwardine road, usually very busy.

I have had my brakes sorted there as well, quick work and very reasonable.

#28 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:32 AM

Any fresh recommendation on MOT?

bf needs car to be MOT and he says he paid 40 last year .... I have looked into the threads and I have seen higher prices in the area (180?) can anyone help? otherwise he'll drag me to the other side of town on Saturday morning and I told him "ain't happening" ... so please give me some good news re local MOT !!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#29 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:40 AM

What car is it I would reccomend my Brother but he only works on Golfs & Audis

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#30 Retired Member 1