• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#106 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

How weird! I read it and it seemed entirely neutral! Did we both miss something?

#107 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm glad you two have sorted your little tiff over car tyres! :D

#108 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

Just wondering, is there a policy that if you get edited by the mods that they will at least tell you they have done so, and if so, why?

My post basically said 'nice to know its a friendly shop, and BTW the repair garage just behind them is also very helpful and friendly and I regularly walk by to say hello on my way to work. I still find it an odd business to put in a prime location, but hey, Penge is full of delights and mysteries' ......This doesn't strike me as highly moderate-able stuff, really.

#109 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Seconded.

#110 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hi Ziwa. I haven't a clue why you would have been moderated so it may be an accidental deletion - either human- or bug-related. I'll try and find out for you.

Edit - I've emailed the other mods to check.

Edited by gekko, 03 July 2012 - 10:55 AM.

Mel, Forum Moderator

#111 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Just wondering, is there a policy that if you get edited by the mods that they will at least tell you they have done so, and if so, why?

My post basically said 'nice to know its a friendly shop, and BTW the repair garage just behind them is also very helpful and friendly and I regularly walk by to say hello on my way to work. I still find it an odd business to put in a prime location, but hey, Penge is full of delights and mysteries' ......This doesn't strike me as highly moderate-able stuff, really.

I'm sure it was full of coded - in between the lines - messages to the outer space and insults against the KICC.... You Americans are just like that! Can't fool us! :D

#112 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

Unfortunately, the forum software makes it quite easy to accidentally delete stuff. In fact, I nearly deleted this entire topic earlier :o. I think I was still a step or two away but I had unintentionally clicked something that brought up a 'delete' icon.

On another note, I just wanted to say that I used Alton Motors for the first time a couple of weeks back. I had a full service and MOT and they were great. I didn't need anything major doing, just brake pads, but the guys were polite and helpful. The location was great as it's only five mins walk from West Norwood station. I dropped my car off and then managed to catch my usual train into work.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#113 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'm sure it was full of coded - in between the lines - messages to the outer space and insults against the KICC.... You Americans are just like that! Can't fool us! :D

LOL, as the yoof dem would say :lol:

#114 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

None of the three mods have edited your post Ziwa. Will check with site owner but maybe the site malfunctioned and your post disappeared.

SL

#115 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Matt didn't edit it either, but isn't this the post you are referring to Ziwa?

http://www.virtualno.../page__st__1200
Mel, Forum Moderator

#116 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Oh no! My fault! I posted the recommendation twice, in new openings and more specifically here. Apologies for causing confusion and putting the mods to extra work!

#117 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

No worries Gill :).
Mel, Forum Moderator

#118 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

On another note, I just wanted to say that I used Alton Motors for the first time a couple of weeks back. I had a full service and MOT and they were great. I didn't need anything major doing, just brake pads, but the guys were polite and helpful. The location was great as it's only five mins walk from West Norwood station. I dropped my car off and then managed to catch my usual train into work.

Yes, I've been using Alton Motors for a few years myself and absolutely agree. My other half now uses them and has recommended them to his friends with the same happy result.
aka Pie

#119 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Just had my servie and MOT done by Alton Motors. There were three things that I thought it would fail on and be quite costly, the brakes which I thought would be new discs and pads only turned out to be the pads, a wiring problem that had in the past flattened my battery and I thought it was going to be a major job turned out to be a faulty switch which they didn't even charge for replacing and the cam belt which needs replacing at 80000 miles which I was told that my model actualy has a chain that doesnt need repalcing at all!
Very honest and they could have pulled the wool over my eyes on all three but didn't. Walked away spending half what I thought it would be! Very happy! :)

#120 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

I need to get my car serviced in December - at this rate I will have to book it into Alton Motors about now!
aka Pie