• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#16 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

Very true. My cat is sometimes too lazy even to use the cat flap anyway. If she can see that we are in the kitchen, she'll sit outside and wait for us to open the door for her :rolleyes: .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#17 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:22 AM

cat flaps fitted in all types of glass panels including double glazed wooden doors or walls
had mine done by this firm first class workmanship if you need a cat flap contact www.cat flap fitters.co.uk

Anyone that is considering using this company would be best advised to read the comments posted here...
http://www.eastdulwi...?9,82648,page=1

Update: the comments by danstute mention www.catflapfitters.co.uk - whereas the comments made on the East Dulwich Forum are about a different web site called www.catflapfitter.co.uk (without the s) - I apologise for any confusion caused - unfortunately neither site publish contact details so it wasn't obvious to me who the relevant site owners were.

Edited by James, 02 July 2008 - 07:52 AM.
Clarification of web address

European.vote - EU Referendum

#18 skigirl

skigirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:48 AM

Crikey! Good link James.

He should take note about your post on giving false testimonials http://www.virtualno.......ost&p=51506

#19 Come on you Irons

Come on you Irons

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

Has anyone got Colin's number? :rolleyes:

That was the best waste of a lunch hour for a long time, you couldnt make that sort of stuff up!

#20 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

:lol:

Can't wait to see what happens with the small claims.

#21 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

Well actually it was Colin that brought the link to my attention. He's been sending me emails threatening legal action and telling me to delete the posts or action would be brought against me. What he didn't realise is that he was talking to the wrong person and VN doesn't have anything to do with those posts. Colin didn't make it clear what his complaint was about and it took him numerous emails to reach the point where I was able to establish which posts he was actually complaining about, and that they were on someone else's web site.

I might also add that Colin has registered on VN but his posting privileges have already been removed. His removed posts were assumed to be spam because he enthused about his own business and didn't make it clear that he was the proprietor. His posts were made before the new legislation came into effect. I brought the new legislation to his attention whilst exchanging emails with him. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for him to apologise for the things he said to me.

#22 Come on you Irons

Come on you Irons

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

I hope you got your 80 deposit back James ;)

#23 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:43 PM

Thankfully I haven't ever needed his services - I open the door to let my cat out.

#24 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

I loved the comment on the East Dul Forum of someone looking for a "fat cat flipper" I found it amusing .... (sorry for digressing from topic)
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#25 Papillon

Papillon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:43 AM

Just to say I had a cat flap fitted last week by Mike of http://www.catflapman.co.uk/ and he was punctual, quick, very polite and my cats are very happy. I had the wooden panel option and it cost me 150 but I think he said it costs about 250 for a double glazed version. Would definitely recommend him :lol:

#26 palacemate

palacemate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Hiya

Does anyone know if this is pricey and also who to contact? Want to get a rescue cat but have only one suitable door for the cat flap to be fitted (ideally magnetic as there are other cats in the neighbourhood!!) would want to have this done in the bottom panel - worse case scenario get a new panel fitted but obviously this is even more expensive? Any help / advice / suggestions please - also happy to hear from any cat rescue people / recommendations.

#27 DeeBee

DeeBee

Donna Burgess

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

Hiya

Does anyone know if this is pricey and also who to contact? Want to get a rescue cat but have only one suitable door for the cat flap to be fitted (ideally magnetic as there are other cats in the neighbourhood!!) would want to have this done in the bottom panel - worse case scenario get a new panel fitted but obviously this is even more expensive? Any help / advice / suggestions please - also happy to hear from any cat rescue people / recommendations.

Hi palacemate

My neighbour fitted a cat flap - in my wooden back door = for 20. He might be able to help?
PM me if you want his contact details.

DeeBee