• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#16 Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hi. I have just passed my driving test with an instrustructor called Peter ("Pass with Peter") - an excellent instructor who was very patient and gave me alot of confidence to drive in London! He is also very flexible with times.

His prices are 18 per hour
10 lessons for 170 and only charges 50 for the Hire of the Car on Test day which includes 1 hour lesson before the test (much cheaper than Lanes and Co.). He lives in Queen Mary Road - Mobile number is 07946122255

Good Luck!

#17 cam

cam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

Hi there
Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor/school in the CP area. I've been told that it's worth paying a bit more and going with the AA or BSM, but I'm not sure if this is the case. Has anyone tried one of the local instructors in SE19?

#18 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

Hi Cam,

You should use Giovanni - 07956 487549. He used to work for BSM but is now self-employed and therefore cheaper. He taught my other half (Chrissyb) and was very good as she was quite nervous.

Good luck with the driving.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#19 sunlunestar

sunlunestar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:45 AM

Giovanni is the man you need. I am currently learning with him and am a very nervous driver (still wonder why I can't be alone on the roads! that would make my life soooo much easy!)
He managed to build my confidence and now I can't wait to have a car.

#20 cam

cam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

Thanks Gekko and Sunlunestar for your recommendations. Will give Giovanni a call tomorrow.

#21 Jules

Jules

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

I am also going to call Giovanni...I'm 36 and terrified! Most useful recommendations, thank you.

#22 Spike

Spike

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:09 PM

I'm a DSA Approved Driving Instructor living in West Norwood. My current rates are 21 per hour. Anyone interested in lessons, please send a PM.

#23 rasoo

rasoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:47 AM

Hi,

I recently passed with Giovanni and I can't recommend him highly enough. He quickly assesses your driving ability and gives an honest and accurate indication of how long you'll need before your ready for test. Excellent for nervous drivers and was brilliant at dealing with questions on absolutely everything driving related. I'd previously gone to test with a different instructor and was amazed at the number of things I hadn't been taught. Thanks to Chrissyb for the initial recommendation.

Brian

Edited by rasoo, 06 September 2007 - 10:48 AM.

#24 Spike

Spike

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:18 PM

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted here.

Anyway, I've been instructing for a while and have just started my own drivng school in the area. Take a look at my website

Premier Driver Training

Cheers

Rob

Edited by James, 06 July 2008 - 09:30 PM.
Fixed typo in web address

#25 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

Uncle Wilf is about to put on some driving gloves and buy some boiled sweets. Does anyone know of any good, cheap and patient local driving instructors? I am looking for evening and weekend lessons?

Any recommendations or pointers would be much appreciated.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#26 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

I also have to endorse Giovanni - he's brill (but then he is my son-in-law!). You'll find he comes highly recommended here. Tel. 07956 487549.
aka Pie

#27 Spike

Spike

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:57 PM

Uncle Wilf is about to put on some driving gloves and buy some boiled sweets. Does anyone know of any good, cheap and patient local driving instructors? I am looking for evening and weekend lessons?

Any recommendations or pointers would be much appreciated.

Give me a call or send an email. My website is on the post immediately above yours or in my sig :)

#28 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:19 AM

Only just picked up on these replies. Thanks - will be following up on this shortly.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#29 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

Hmm. I have a full motorbike licence but have never tried four wheels. Now I know there is an instructor working right near me in West Norwood, I'm quite tempted to give it a go. Anyone got any advice about learning to drive a car for a 40-something woman who rides a big bike??

#30 sunlunestar

sunlunestar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

Hmm. I have a full motorbike licence but have never tried four wheels. Now I know there is an instructor working right near me in West Norwood, I'm quite tempted to give it a go. Anyone got any advice about learning to drive a car for a 40-something woman who rides a big bike??

Do try Giovanni as he is excellent - I am a very very very nervous driver who needed lessons as I had my driving licence but needed to a refresher course and he was very patient. He then also taught my boyfriend who passed on the first occasion. I strongly recommend him (his contact are given in another message above)