28 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Coo

Charlie Coo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:01 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone know of someone to clear gutters (we now have plants growing out of ours!) who is local and reliable?

Ta
Charlie Coo

#2 Woodvale

Woodvale

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

For all guttering things, plus general handywork, we've used Ian Webster, 07753 856836, on a number of occasions with complete satisfaction.

Sorry it took a couple of weeks to spot your request!

#3 Charlie Coo

Charlie Coo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:39 AM

Thanks very much - sorry its taken me a week or so to spot your reply!! Much appreciated - thank you.

:D

#4 Simon J

Simon J

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:21 AM

Hey guys, I'm looking for some-one to clear ivy off my second storey roof....do you have any recommendations of an odd jobs person? Cheers!

#5 adam1982

adam1982

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 10:51 AM

Just a quick note to say that I just tried Ian Webster as I need my gutter cleared and he says that he doesn't do this any longer.

#6 spoiltdog

spoiltdog

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:26 PM

if youre still looking for youre gutter to be cleared you could try steve at DGS his email address is d.g.services@hotmail.co.uk

#7 Simon J

Simon J

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:21 PM

Hi Spoiltdog, thats exactly who I used, Steven at DGS did a brilliant job! I'm v happy to recommend him to other VNers!

#8 spoiltdog

spoiltdog

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:16 PM

Glad to be of assistance

#9 andirella

andirella

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:04 PM

Just wanted to say that having seen the recommendations I decided to ask Steve from D.G.Services to sort out my drainpipes and he has done a good job at a fair price.
I would use his company again.

#10 keitha

keitha

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

We need to find someone to do repairs on our guttering this summer. Has anyone used a firm they can recommend?

#11 guineagirl

guineagirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

I have just (finally) moved into the area and have a gutter that urgently needs repairing, amongst many other things - does anyone have any recent, or local recommendations who might be able to help with this?

Thanks!

#12 guineagirl

guineagirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

Just to say my gutter has been fixed, and a potentially dodgy damp situation saved from getting any worse, following a PM received here - my first local service fulfilled through VN, how cool is that?

Happy to pass on the details for anyone else needing anything similar - can definitely come with a strong recommendation.

#13 Special Agent

Special Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hi. I am looking for someone to clear out the guttering on my house so if you could PM me the recommendation that would be great. Thank you!

#14 Special Agent

Special Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

Thanks very much to Dazza and Guineagirl for their pm recommendations! Have had one quote already and am waiting for the other. I will post recommendations once I've had the work done...

#15 lovelydai

lovelydai

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

if youre still looking for youre gutter to be cleared you could try steve at DGS his email address is d.g.services@hotmail.co.uk

Have to say I've been let down three times by Steve of DGS services. I'm sure he's great, but if he doesn't turn up he's no use to me.