• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#16 Special Agent

Special Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

Hello again. I had one quote for clearing our gutters of leaves & weeds which was 200 - I think that's a lot so I am just going to try one more time to see if anyone else can recommend someone to do this.

So, if you have had your guttering cleared and were pleased and it cost less than 200, please can you pass on your recommendation.

Many thanks.

#17 flash1969

flash1969

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

Hi,

I'm also looking for someone to come and do some clearing and probably replacement of guttering, so any recommendations would be appreciated.

:D

#18 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

Big Al on 07932401488

Did my guttering & also repairs to my roof when many wanted to quote completely from new.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#19 flash1969

flash1969

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

I just had a quote for 600 to clear and repair my guttering! Why is it so expensive?

#20 therat

therat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:37 AM

Michael Bee of Justgutters (http://www.justgutters.co.uk/) did a good job for me (near Crown Point) a couple of weeks ago. He is based in Sevenoaks, but used to live round here and was happy to travel. Turned up exactly when he said, and the price was very reasonable.

#21 Paul.W

Paul.W

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:03 AM

Thanks to Dazza's recommendation I contacted Big Al and was delighted with his work. Our gutter and downpipe were blocked solid. He turned up on time on both occasions and was easy to contact by telephone. He charged less than half the price wanted by other roofers - very impressed!

#22 Special Agent

Special Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

Thanks to Dazza's recommendation I contacted Big Al and was delighted with his work. Our gutter and downpipe were blocked solid. He turned up on time on both occasions and was easy to contact by telephone. He charged less than half the price wanted by other roofers - very impressed!

Can I ask roughly how much it cost?

I've been in touch with Michael at Just Gutters and he isn't sure if he can come up to the Crystal Palace area so I am looking for another option - I'd like to try Al but it would be good to know the cost ball park he is in.

Thank you.

#23 Cllr John Getgood

Cllr John Getgood

John Getgood

• Sponsors
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

As an elected councillor I am wary of making recommendations but as Alan (Big Al) doesn't live in my ward and is already well known on VN, I do want to add that I was delighted with the way he sorted my guttering problems. This week's storms proved how successful he was. He was prompt, friendly, helpful Give him a try. He also introduced me to Terry, a painter and decorator and Tony, a scaffolder, all equally good. Also, thanks to VN for such a useful service.

Cllr John Getgood
Penge & Cator

You can meet your Penge & Cator councillors on the first Saturday of every month,

outside the Post Office on Penge High Street, between 10.45 and 12.15. 
www.pengeandcatorcouncillors.co.uk

#24 sparkybird

sparkybird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

I've recently used Alan Wells to install some new guttering. He has done work also for my neighbours - very professional job and a good price (there's no way I'd get up on the roof for that!). He's based in Lee (SE12) but travels 0208 851 4252 or 07930574463.

#25 neildmc

neildmc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hi all, anyone have up to date recommendations for gutter clearing? The latest spell of heavy rain has shown that ours is long over due a clean out! Thanks.

#26 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

Big Al for anything to do with roof & gutterings see previous posts for phone numbers etc

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#27 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

As the last post on this topic was four years ago, are there any new recommendations for someone reliable and not too pricey?  I'm hoping the problem is just a bird's nest but it may need a repair.

#28 Biped

Biped

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

Hi. We used these people and they were great - cleared and repaired the gutter for a v reasonable price.

so clean gutters

Bromley

Contact details Contact owen Lawrence Telephone 07738727417 Email owenlawrence79@hotmail.com URL http://so-cleangutters.com
Description
Other Information

We are a small familey run business who work on recommendation,you can contact us at any time and if you wish will gladly provide you with previous custumers numbers to check ref and work that has been carried out.

#29 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:02 PM

Just as an update I went with Big Al (after leaving it for ages) and would definitely use him again.