• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#16 timko

timko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

I can strongly recommend Scott Hunter at Hunter Heating (website: www.hunter-heating.com). I actually got Scott's details off of an earlier Virtual Norwood post. He's done two jobs for me - the first fixing a gas leak on a hob and the second fitting a new boiler. Both jobs were completed very well in my opinion and I was happy with the price on both occassions. Scott's mobile is 07983704069. He is pretty busy at the moment but he's always happy to help. His old man has a similar company so may be able to help if busy.

#17 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

Some useful names here, and I might give them a try, but I'm not sure they'll be interested in my little job. We're in Penge and our lavatory has started to leak at the back. Probably a simple but not very interesting, or lucrative, job (I hope not anyway!). I tried my usual plumbing/electrics/oddjob guy, but he has now taken a full-time job. Any thoughts about someone reliable and reasonably-priced who might be interested in a job like this? Thanks...

#18 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

This is another call out for Scott Hunter. He came saw did what was required and left with a check . Very reasonable prices and a personable bloke as well.

#19 Willy

Willy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

Another thumbs up for [ name removed - previous issue ], fixed a leaking tap and replaced a faulty washing machine valve with no fuss. Very friendly and polite and even let me know when she was on the way, why aren't all plumbers this good?

#20 kitkat

kitkat

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:56 AM

From us too! She sorted our leaky wm/sink waste pipe issue at the weekend. And she was very honest, helpful and communicative.

#21 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

Carrie has just left after replacing my kitchen tap which was leaking permanently and sorting out the U bend in the kitchen sink. Fantastic work, very friendly. Would definitely use again and recommend.

PS. She loves strong tea!
Nick, Forum Moderator

#22 Paramali

Paramali

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:12 AM

Carrie repaired a leak in my central heating pipes last week, having replaced a kitchen tap earlier in the year. On both occasions the work was carried-out quickly and effectively and at a reasonable price.

#23 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

At the risk of this turning into a Carrie fan club, she did a good job for us with our lavatory cistern overflow yesterday. Unfortunately, I wasn't in to meet her, but my daughter was. I hope Carrie won't mind me repeating what my daughter said later: "She wasn't what I expected of a woman plumber - she was the sort of person you and mum would invite round for dinner."
Not sure if that counts as a recommendation or not. I suppose it depends on if you are the sort of person we invite to dinner!

#24 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

That's a great comment and Carrie certainly does defy traditional plumber-stereotypes, although not sure about female plumber stereotypes as she's the only one I've met so far. If you've met her, you'll probably know that she didn't start out as a plumber but that this was a career change and she was looking for something that was recession-proof. Judging by the number of recent recommendations for her on the forum, the job is indeed turning out to be recession-proof! I guess that drains get blocked and pipes burst no matter what the economic climate ;) .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#25 poppa

poppa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:19 PM

At the risk of this turning into a Carrie fan club, she did a good job for us with our lavatory cistern overflow yesterday. Unfortunately, I wasn't in to meet her, but my daughter was. I hope Carrie won't mind me repeating what my daughter said later: "She wasn't what I expected of a woman plumber - she was the sort of person you and mum would invite round for dinner."
Not sure if that counts as a recommendation or not. I suppose it depends on if you are the sort of person we invite to dinner!

HI - this is Carrie. thanks VERY MUCH INDEED for all the lovely comments that have been put on for me recently. It's really nice to know that I'm doing a good job. Nick's obviously the sort of chap that invites well spoken but rather scruffly dressed people round for dinner - GREAT comment - thanks so much!!

#26 Duke

Duke

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

I can most heartily recommend Robert Glassbrook: 07711 201041. He is reasonable, reliable and a total perfectionist. One in a million. . .

JGX

Seconded. Robert is in my list of essential contacts. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

#27 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

I recommend Jefferies Plumbing, based in West Norwood. The mobile number is 07909 970 245 or email michaeljefferies356@msn.com. 24 hour emergency call out, they take most major credit cards. Have over 40 years experience. They are able to do all aspects of plumbing including central heating.

#28 baggafluff

baggafluff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

We just had a new combi-boiler fitted by Parker Bromley and they did a fantastic job. They removed the previous boiler, water tanks and pipework and installed the new boiler in a single day. Not only that, but out of five local firms, their quote was the cheapest. I would definitely ask them for a quote if you're thinking of replacing your central heating system.

http://www.parkerbromley.co.uk
enq@parkerbromley.co.uk
0845 612 1710

#29 ElleBee

ElleBee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

I found my plumbing "dream team" via this site: Gas Safe Registered (formerly known as Corgi-registered) Steve Hibbert to change my old boiler & tank for a new combi boiler (mobile 07711 670651); and [ name removed - previous issue ] to install the new bathroom suite, as per the details in some of the listings below. Both excellent.
I now finally have a shower over the bath and decent water pressure.
Now can anyone recommend a carpenter/general handyman to put shelves in the old boiler cupboards, install a bathroom mirror & tile the floor?!

#30 rosemarie

rosemarie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

HI - this is Carrie. thanks VERY MUCH INDEED for all the lovely comments that have been put on for me recently. It's really nice to know that I'm doing a good job. Nick's obviously the sort of chap that invites well spoken but rather scruffly dressed people round for dinner - GREAT comment - thanks so much!!

I told you outside the pub you were famous!! J