• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#31 Molly

Molly

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:02 AM

I'd like to recommend highly skilled plumber Dave French who we've used to fit new boilers in three properties now. He's fully qualified, CORGI registered and can be contacted on 0781 3030 999. I've been using Dave for 5 years but hadn't posted a recommendation for him on here before because previously I'd have to wait months for him to have time to do the work, he was so busy. His employer has just gone bust so now he's super available.

#32 tliff

tliff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

Steve Hibbert from S H Plumbing (07711670651) is an excellent plumber. He quickly identified the problem with my boiler and had it repaired soon after. He's polite, competively priced and he's also easy to get hold of. I'd recommend him to anyone in the area who wants a swift resolution to any plumbing/heating problems.

#33 whydelilah

whydelilah

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

Can anyone recommend someone who is good at tricky pipework in awkward places? I need a pressure reducing valve fitted but the place where it has to go is under the sink and a little cramped so if someones had an experience of something similar that would be really useful.

Cheers

#34 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:20 PM

Yes, [ name removed - previous issue ] did some work on the plumbing under our sink last year. We haven't had any problems since. I've used her a couple of times and would definitely recommend.

[ name removed - previous issue ]
Mel, Forum Moderator

#35 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

A big thumbs up for Steve Hibbert from S H Plumbing (07711670651) - very experienced indeed.
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#36 The Anerley ORB

The Anerley ORB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

Robert Glassbrook recently did some excellent work on my bathroom, designing and fitting a new frame around the bath/shower unit and some other bits and pieces

He was personable, professional and reliable. I've used a couple of the other recommended plumbers on VN but I'd put Robert at the top of the list (07711 201041)

#37 Yamaman

Yamaman

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

Woke up on Xmas eve to find a leaking pipe in bathroom and managed to find Heath free from HA plumbing. Quick, cheap and brilliant. Luckily problem turned out to be not too bad but for a while I thought we were going to have a wet Xmas til he solved the problem. Mobile: 07960 233457

#38 anopheles

anopheles

Anopheles

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:49 AM

I found my plumbing "dream team" via this site: Gas Safe Registered (formerly known as Corgi-registered) Steve Hibbert to change my old boiler & tank for a new combi boiler (mobile 07711 670651); and [b][ name removed - previous issue ][/b] to install the new bathroom suite, as per the details in some of the listings below. Both excellent.
I now finally have a shower over the bath and decent water pressure.
Now can anyone recommend a carpenter/general handyman to put shelves in the old boiler cupboards, install a bathroom mirror & tile the floor?!

You have probably sorted out these problems but should you still need help, or any other kind of help to do with building/plumbing/electrical or even gardening matters, can I recommend David O'Brien and his team ? He has built up a successful business (and in the recent ghastly weather they did not miss one day of work on their various jobs) based on being able to deal with any problem that arises. This has distinct advantages - and I should stress that the quality in all areas is consistently high - because, as we found ourselves last summer, he comes along to sort out one problem which either reveals or leads to more and is able with all possible speed to repair or replace. He charges a fair price, and does an excellent job. The humour comes free. Nothing is too much trouble and, mercifully, he and his men actually stay on the job until it is finished !

Anopheles

DAVID O'BRIEN: 07960 938 621
:D

#39 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:57 AM

I'd like to add yet another very positive recommendation for [ name removed due to previous issue ]:
[ website due to previous issue ]/

Hard to add to what has been said previously. She has just sorted three tricksy plumbing issues in casa andreas - cheerful, witty and very competent. I particularly appreciated her finding a way of giving a new lease of life to our ailing bathroom taps, rather than going for the more expensive and disruptive replacement option which I had initially suggested.

Also, she mentioned how much she enjoys coming up to help us VNers on the hill - which is nice. :)
opposed to taking terrapins.

#40 whydelilah

whydelilah

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

Just another thumbs up for Robert Glassbrook. Despite the breathtaking incompetencies of my shower manufacturer, thanks to him I now have a hot shower for the first time in three months. Highly recommended and his number is 07711 201 041.

#41 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:47 PM

Steve Hibbert from S H Plumbing (07711670651) is an excellent plumber. He quickly identified the problem with my boiler and had it repaired soon after. He's polite, competively priced and he's also easy to get hold of. I'd recommend him to anyone in the area who wants a swift resolution to any plumbing/heating problems.

Last Thursday I had a call from my tenant saying there was water leaking from the boiler in my flat in Anerley. I called out Steve, who has done some work on my central heating system in the past, who came out within the hour. Unfortunately, the part needed to replace the boiler is now obsolete (it is 'only' 10 yrs old!), so we decided to go for a new boiler. Steve and his team were able to fit the new boiler on Saturday, it took less than a day and was very competitvely priced. My tenant is happy, and so am I, so I have to highly recommend Steve once again :)
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#42 scrappy

scrappy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

Another vote for Steve Hibbert from S H Plumbing (07711670651) - he's still the best plumber I've come across. Friendly, genuine and really knows his stuff - he fixed our boiler and our shower promptly and effectively, and even descaled my taps while he was at it!

Thanks to those who recommended Steve in the first instance. I'm really pleased to finally have the number of a good plumber stored in my phone.

#43 sads1

sads1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

I'll add my voice of support for Steve from SH - the outfit is very efficient, Steve obviously knows his stuff, was on time and fixed my problem very quickly for an excellent price.

#44 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

Another vote of confidence for Steve from SH Plumbing and his two guys (Colin and ?). Quick, friendly and reasonably priced. Will definitely use again (but hopefully won't be having another leak for a while...)

#45 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

We had a heating problem so called Scott Hunter, as recommended above. He was busy but his dad came round (seems plumbing is in the blood!). No messing about, very efficient, sorted it quickly, took care of another little problem we had while he was about it - and a nice guy. He is Nigel Hunter and his number is 020 8656 7826. Now we feel extra blessed, having a choice of plumbers - thanks to Virtual Norwood!