• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#46 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

We had Carrie out today to fix the broken flush on our toilet and replumb our kitchen sink, which had been leaking. First time I have met Carrie, but friends have used her in the past and she is always highly recommended on here. Arrived on time, did a great job, and would definitely use her again. Her number is 0208 670 0342 and email is [ email removed - previous issue ].
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#47 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

Just so everyone knows - SH Plumbing have a new email address.
SHPlumbing.Heating@gmail.com
So keep that in mind when asking for a quote via email...
Twinks xxx
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#48 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:55 AM

Can anyone help.. I need a reliable reasonable (polite) plumber ASAP.... based on the the rave reviews on here... I made the mistake of calling the amazing "Carrie".... Big mistake...

I 've got a serious leak that started last night and don't know where to turn.. a neighbor suggested "Carrie" and leaded me to believe she was local & 24hrs..

I called and Left a message... it was a business message I got on the answer phone

As I"m having to take a day off work today to sort this out.. I"ve been up early trying to get hold of a plumber...

I called "Carrie again... and she was very rude.. She complained I woke her up last night and this morning.. I apologized..

Firstly I did not know she WAS NOT a 24hr plumber.. if I did I would not have called so late & again so early.

She said.. " I'm just a woman on my own.." I apologized again and stressed that if I had know I wouldn't have bothered her

I just think the way she spoke to me was off.. I'm in quite upset and in a desperate situation and need a plumber..

I'm also a woman on my own.. just trying to sort this major situation out... All I needed was some help...

Thanks Carrie...

#49 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

A big thumbs up for Steve Hibbert from S H Plumbing (07711670651) he has a team of experts and is a very polite guy (I too am a woman on my own).....
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#50 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Thanks Twinkle... I've managed to get hold of someone.. he's due to come round this afternoon.

I would like to retract my earlier post... Carrie called me back and sincerely apologized. She stated she's not a morning person and likes her sleep. (fair enough). She was helpful and gave me a website address for all registered plumbers...

http://www.ciphe.org.uk

Thanks Carrie :-)

Can anyone help.. I need a reliable reasonable (polite) plumber ASAP.... based on the the rave reviews on here... I made the mistake of calling the amazing "Carrie".... Big mistake...

I 've got a serious leak that started last night and don't know where to turn.. a neighbor suggested "Carrie" and leaded me to believe she was local & 24hrs..

I called and Left a message... it was a business message I got on the answer phone

As I"m having to take a day off work today to sort this out.. I"ve been up early trying to get hold of a plumber...

I called "Carrie again... and she was very rude.. She complained I woke her up last night and this morning.. I apologized..

Firstly I did not know she WAS NOT a 24hr plumber.. if I did I would not have called so late & again so early.

She said.. " I'm just a woman on my own.." I apologized again and stressed that if I had know I wouldn't have bothered her

I just think the way she spoke to me was off.. I'm in quite upset and in a desperate situation and need a plumber..

I'm also a woman on my own.. just trying to sort this major situation out... All I needed was some help...

Thanks Carrie...

#51 Chris73

Chris73

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Having just had an issue with leaky boiler / pipes, I would like to also heartily recommend Steve and the guys at SH Plumbing.

They came quickly, sorted out the problem and were very reasonablly priced.

Tel: 07711 670651

While I'm hoping I don't need to, they will certainly be my first port of call if anything happens in the future.

Thanks very much!

#52 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

My hot water cylinder split last week. They last about 10 years. Replacement usually takes about 3-4 hrs and costs between 400 and 500. I have a homecare policy with British Gas that costs 20/m and covers my central heating for repairs and includes an annual safety check and servicing of the gas boiler - all call outs, parts and labour are covered.

It's a legal requirement for landlords to arrange for your boiler to be inspected at least once a year, so in my own home I think it's a good idea to stick to the same. British Gas will contact you to arrange the annual check-up so you don't need to remember when to get it done.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#53 peedee

peedee

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

After over a week of no hot water, it was Carrie to the rescue first thing this morning. A British Gas boiler inspector person had told me yesterday that all my taps needed to be replaced and that was why they had all stopped working on the same day. Hmm. A second opinion was called for. Carrie sorted everything out (it was an airlock in the pipes). But best of all she didn't make me feel for one second like the numpty I really am about these things. Even gave me a small seminar on how to deal with it myself next time. Recommended! On 020 8670 0342

#54 Willy

Willy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

I have a homecare policy with British Gas that costs 20/m and covers my central heating for repairs and includes an annual safety check and servicing of the gas boiler - all call outs, parts and labour are covered

I also tried this, I called British Gas to arrange it, they took my payment details and said they would arrange for an initial inspection. 4 months later after paying them each month they sent someone round, took one look at the the boiler and decided because it wasn't brand new and fitted by them they would not cover it. Another 4 months and numerous calls later they returned my money. What a great service.

#55 Bryher

Bryher

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

Whooppeee I have just found the most wonderful plumber. His name is Clarence Henry and he is reliable, turns up when he says he will and isn't expensive. His phone numbers are 020 8857 8093 or 07917 196800.

#56 vimiemraz

vimiemraz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hi,
Does anyone know of a good, reliable plumber for problems with boiler and blocked sink? I can only get hot water if I put the heating on. I'm vaguely guessing it's to do with the pressure but really have no idea! Recommendations would be great as I'm having a disaster with plumbers at the moment.

Thanks.

#57 bladerunner

bladerunner

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

What's the boiler make and model (I might be able to help)

#58 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:58 PM

hi there,

i cant find this original thread for this but need someone to fit my gas inset fire before xmas if possible.

Ive had a really bad experience with local plumbers: JR PLumbers who charged me to look at it, then took my fire away to find a replacement part for it. I spent ages and ages chasing them up.Ive now decided that its probably cheaper to buy a new fire and get that fitted which is what i have done.... still havent been given my old fire back by JR plumbers who funnily enough are based right across the street from me.

so need to find a decent plumber in the area that wont charge an arm and a leg and will get the job done safely.

thanks

#59 domwah

domwah

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:53 PM

Click here

#60 domwah

domwah

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip