• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#91 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Maz, further to my post above, I have some information that may be relevant but will PM you re the above, so as not to break forum rules. :(

Edited by GillW, 29 May 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#92 Maz

Maz

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Thank you for that Gill.

And thank you for not breaking Forum Rules (unless it is breaking Forum Rules to say that of course...).
Gabba Gabba Hey
פɐqqɐ פɐqqɐ Hǝʎ

#93 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Pleasure. And apologies for my inarticulate post - I was at such pains to adhere to the rules that I ended up garbling my post! If anyone else wants to PM me, I would be happy to explain further.

Edited by GillW, 29 May 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#94 Maz

Maz

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

Not having a great experience of Mr Hibbert so far (and we haven't yet got to quote stage!).

Lovely chap, but he doesn't ring back when he says he will (in my brief expereince it's happened three times) and he's a bugger to get hold of otherwise.

Hmmm....
Gabba Gabba Hey
פɐqqɐ פɐqqɐ Hǝʎ

#95 djb

djb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Yet another thumbs up for Carrie (020 8670 0342). She came yesterday and replaced a troublesome kitchen tap. Not knowing the frist thing about plumbing ourselves, a quick email beforehand reassuringly gave us an idea of the likely problem / solution so there were no surprises lurking when Carrie started work. Punctual, efficient and a lovely person too!

#96 Squitten

Squitten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

Had a great experience with Carrie yesterday. She came to see to a leak under our sink and ended up having to replace the whole dire piping system! Lovely lady and very good at her job :)

020 8670 0342

#97 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Question please - I need a bathroom sink and shower unit replacing. All the plumbing is in place.

Is it normally cheaper to buy the items myself and get a plumber to install them or to ask the plumber to source and fit the items?

#98 JuliaABM

JuliaABM

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I'm posting this on behalf of someone else who has registered here, but unable to reply/start a new topic :(

It's another recommendation for Steve Hibbert. He was reliable, polite, charged a good price and took the old plumbing bits away with him. She would definitely have him again for any plumbing work.

:)

#99 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Big thumbs up for Steve Fitch (07921-720289). Very professional, trustworthy, fast, friendly service and at very reasonable cost. He has just repaired my boiler and shower and is coming back next week to replace a sink.

Thanks to GillW for the recommendation!

#100 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Now have a lovely new sink and surround thanks to Steve Fitch - highly recommended (details above).

#101 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Delighted, SL. I have to say, Steve is the nicest tradesman I've ever encountered! Thoroughly obliging and always goes the extra mile. A real solutions man, he would rather try to fix something old than persuade you to buy something new - a rarity these days. He also doesn't mark up his prices by the whopping 100% that his predecessor did on the same boiler job! :-o One of the old school.

Edited by GillW, 11 December 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#102 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Steve tells me he's had five other VNers call him for plumbing work or boiler repairs or installation since my recommendation, which is great! Please post here if you were one of them so we know how you got on and the sorts of things he can do.

#103 MiniFox

MiniFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hello. I'm a fan of this forum but never posted until today. I always come on here to find the services I need and so decided to pay it forward.

Thanks to djb (and the other [posters) as based upon your post about a needed a tap replacing, I also contacted Carrie (020 8670 0342). 

We had a completely broken mixer tap that my husband was threatening to repair. We bought some cheap taps (you live and learn) and checked out the forum for someone to fit them.

Settled on Carrie and gave her a ring - she was super friendly and came the same day. The taps were so old they were grafted by rust to the sink so she had to saw them off. Husband looked on very pleased I'd questioned his DIY skills and got someone in to do it. Carrie did in about 90 minutes with grace, humour and efficiency what we would have had to endure days and days of ranting, frustration and expletives (not to mention new tools) to achieve.

It was a VERY good call to get her in. 

I'd recommend her to anyone. Thanks Carrie! 

#104 Maz

Maz

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'll join the Steve Fitch fan club.

I had an urgent job that needed doing - re-routing some pipes - and Steve found time to come round at short notice to have a look; then turned up bang on time on the appointed day and did a professional and perfect job for an excellent price.

What was also nice is that unasked (and un-charged) he also fixed some floorboards whilst he was at it.

Nice chap, good work, good price. What's not to like?

Gabba Gabba Hey
פɐqqɐ פɐqqɐ Hǝʎ

#105 Abu Nuwas

Abu Nuwas

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hello. I'm a fan of this forum but never posted until today. I always come on here to find the services I need and so decided to pay it forward.

Thanks to djb (and the other [posters) as based upon your post about a needed a tap replacing, I also contacted Carrie (020 8670 0342). 

We had a completely broken mixer tap that my husband was threatening to repair. We bought some cheap taps (you live and learn) and checked out the forum for someone to fit them.

Settled on Carrie and gave her a ring - she was super friendly and came the same day. The taps were so old they were grafted by rust to the sink so she had to saw them off. Husband looked on very pleased I'd questioned his DIY skills and got someone in to do it. Carrie did in about 90 minutes with grace, humour and efficiency what we would have had to endure days and days of ranting, frustration and expletives (not to mention new tools) to achieve.

It was a VERY good call to get her in. 

I'd recommend her to anyone. Thanks Carrie! 

You remind me of my late wife a little.   ''Why don't we get a MAN in?'' '' I - I - I.....! ''