• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#106 Kojak

Kojak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Steve from SH Plumbing and Heating is excellent (07711670651). He's repaired my boiler a couple of times now and has been quick and competent.

#107 barbersfort

barbersfort

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Steve Fitch gets my vote; he swapped out a shower cartridge for me for a reasonable fee and did a great job despite it being very tricky with the existing tiling and pipework.

#108 vimiemraz

vimiemraz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Can I add my name to Carrie's ([ name removed - previous issue ]) list of satisfied customers. Carrie attended to a small plumbing job I had, turned up on time and did an excellent job. She also gave some great advice on where to source the fittings. Highly recommended.

I'm looking for a plumber and I've seen lots of good comments on here about Carrie but I can't find her phone number in any of the posts. Can anyone help please.

Thanks.

#109 cathyh

cathyh

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Another big thumbs up for Steve Fitch, he just put in a new boiler for us, very pleasant and helpful guy. Did the job in one day and has come back to fix a few other bits. Reasonable and reliable I would recommend him.

#110 sparkybird

sparkybird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Carrie's number is  0208 670 0342

#111 VKJ

VKJ

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I called Carrie the other week - she was brilliant.  Arrived within the hour and fixed leak (and a lovely lady too).

#112 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

We had a problem with our heating system and called Steve from SH Plumbing and Heating. Couldn't believe how quickly he diagnosed the problem (a valve dripping into the pump, shorting the system) and fixed it. Now the heating is working better than it has for years. Excellent work.

#113 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

Does anyone have any email details of any recommendations. I'm in sydney now and don't want to phone at unsociable hours. Lol
I have dire need of a trustworthy person who can oversee work whilst I'm away.
Thanks in advance.
I'm armidale3@gmail.com
Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#114 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Thanks for the recommendations.

#115 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Guys what us standard? Do plumbers usually have call out charges to diagnose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#116 Tracy S

Tracy S

• Sponsors
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:52 AM

Hi all

I think I've recommended Carrie before but if not I should have. Over the years we've used Carrie several times for broken loo, tap replacement, washing machine plumbing, various leaks and issues and I cannot praise her highly enough. She's super efficient, turns up when she says (once before I had to go to work at 7.30am), very competitive price wise and one of the nicest trades people we've encountered. Big thumbs up.

#117 Crystal Palace Wasp

Crystal Palace Wasp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

Please be warned against using Steve Fitch. Despite the recommendations on this site we have incurred significant costs in rectifying the illegal work he carried out on a boiler replacement job last year. Two independent companies have both said wrongly installed parts (including using plastic pipes, not copper as required by law) requires remedial works, at a cost of nearly £1000, after having paid Steve Fitch and James Elsey £1650 for the initial installation.  Gas Safe have confirmed they are no longer registered with them. 

They have also failed to provide a Benchmark Commissioning Checklist and the Building Regulation Compliance Certificate.

#118 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

I have used Steve Fitch for plumbing work and found him to be entirely professional and a lovely chap. I also know of others (who recommended him to me) who have used him on frequent occasions and are very happy with his work.

Did you raise the problems you encountered with Steve before coming on here and trashing him?

#119 keitha

keitha

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

For the record, Steve Fitch is Gas Safe registered.

#120 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

Guys an oven with an ignition which needs repair. Is this a plumber job? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk