Photo

The Norwood Hotel

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Average (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Poor (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:05 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Pub

The Norwood Hotel
3 Knights Hill, London SE27 0HS

Phone: 020 8766 0351

#2 louise01

louise01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

I used to work in this pub several years ago. It was the most popular pub around and was always packed. Everyone knew everyone else in this oub and to all extents and purposes were like a family. It was run by Dave Bailey and owned by a woman called Sue. I have loads of pictures taken during that time. Its very sad cos most of the people from then have died or moved on but I have so many memories of them all.

If anyone was around in them times id love to hear from you although im not holding my breath!! The last time i went to have look there was no-one there from days of old. Also if anyone knows the whereabouts of sue id love to know

Louise Terry

#3 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

I have plenty of memories of shivering away in their function room (which was more like a junk storage room) on the first floor, which used to be a meeting place for Norwood Action Group. Very very cold, even with jackets and woolly hats on.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#4 pwar66

pwar66

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

This pub has so much potential, but it's a dump ... I don't want a gastropub .... the Rosendale has tried that and it's souless ... just s decent pub where people don't try and sell you dodgy dvd's and cheap fags and products off the back of a lorry. Real shame - this place could rake it in with it's location.

#5 Knights Hiller

Knights Hiller

• Sponsors
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

It's had a new paint job externally in the last few weeks (an odd blue rather than the nicer dark greay previously) and they now put a few tables and chairs outside on the street. The regulars look a bit scarey for me so yet to venture in :jedi:

The recent Good Friday Playboy party went down a storm judging by the numbers inside and the carnage outside :o