• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#16 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

I used Rosewood Preservation last year for my home.

After they completed the work, my builder questioned what they had done. I called them back out and they assured me that the DCP level was correct. 9 months later we had rising damp - and they have quoted 480 to fix the problem, with drawings that are identical to the ones for the original work. I have a 20 year guarantee certificate - and when we questioned this we were told to F* off by the person at the end of the phone.

SO I would avoid this bunch of cowboys like the plague - you are mostly paying for the guarantee and if they don't stand by it, then it is worthless.

We had huge damp problems in our basement flat. Firstly used some polish builders we persuaded me they could do the work a lot cheaper but no guarantee. Total disaster. Within weeks damp and mould reappeared. Then spent a long time researching the different companies. Kenwood definitely were not impressive. Went with Peter Cox who were excellent in every way. They provided a 10 year guarantee. The work was done nearly 3 years ago and there is not a trace of damp. They are not the cheapest but there a lot of cowboys out there.

#17 treacletoes

treacletoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:52 AM

Hi - we have a huge damp basement and want to get it tanked (damp proofed) and sealed, does anyone know of some good companies in the area? We live in West Norwood.

#18 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:45 AM

I had Kenwood and Bryhill out recently to look at damp in our communal hallway, and some in my flat. Bryhill did the survey and sent in the quote. Kenwood were a bit strange - guy said that there was no point giving a quote as his meter readings were showing 100% humidity so there was a leak somewhere which would need to be sorted out first - which is fair enough, but I would have expected them to sort that out too... in the end he left advising me to get the buildings insurer to do a track and trace to detect the leaks in the hallway. I advised our managing agents, but havent heard back. I went ahead and used Bryhill to fix the damp in my flat. Can't tell you whether it was effective or not yet as it was only 3 weeks ago!
  • Cutlenat likes this
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage