• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 Yamaman

Yamaman

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:24 AM

On a bridge over the M58 just outside Liverpool was some graffiti saying "The Pies, The Pies" for a local band. It was always used as a sign that you'd arrived in the Pool of Life!
After Liverpool won the City of Culture award it mysteriously disappeared... only to reappear bigger and better soon after!

(Bit out of the UN area though I guess!)

#17 iclipper

iclipper

Former WN'er....

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

Can anyone explain FISH ON on the railway bridge at the bottom of Auckland Hill - Its been there for at least 16 years.

#18 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:32 PM

Well 16 years ago, Primus released the album "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" upon which the song "Fish on" featured...

Doubt that has anything to do with it it but I liked the serendipitous way in which the words and the 16 years linked up. :blink:

#19 Liliput

Liliput

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

It brings me joy every morning as I walk down Wakley Street, the street I work in, near Angel to view a large Banksy of a boy fly posting !

Check it out if your nearby.

#20 ladysyd

ladysyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:12 PM

Being new here, not sure if it's on another thread (apologies if it is!) but what is the significance of the black cats that have been sprayed on the wall to the side of Cafe Lava?? Below the sign for McD's??????

#21 wendy sam2

wendy sam2

Palace Princess

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:40 PM

Also a bit out of the area... On a wall at the begining of Melvin Road, Croydon Road end, Penge, a big ban the bomb sign, which was there for years. Dont know if its still there, but will definately look next time I go past!

#22 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

On the West Coast Main Line, near Watford Junction there is "Don't Pay the Poll Tax". Up with the times up there, they are!
Nick, Forum Moderator

#23 tealight rookie

tealight rookie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

I *heart* Banksy...

No, seriously, check out Londonist's Random Graffiti Of The Week section. Very interesting.

#24 Rikaitch

Rikaitch

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:46 PM

I always remember the road sign where the road split by All Saints Church, pointing right and saying "Crystal Palace 1"

And some wag writing underneath "Arsenal 0"
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Fart, and you're on your own.

#25 mcleanmuir

mcleanmuir

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:04 AM

At various locations in the East End there is George Davis is innocent, still there after all this time.

#26 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:58 AM

Ladysyd, aptly there's one of those black cats at ground level on the side of The Little Yellow Bird too!

#27 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

Who did the black cat/s? I wonder every time I walk past the one on Little Yellow Bird (a lot).

#28 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

I could tell you, but I don't think they'd appreciate their identity being revealed on t'internet. I found out accidentally after they posted pics of the cats on their business website, which wasn't too clever really, in terms of anonymity!

#29 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

But they wouldn't mind! Go on... ;) Surely they wouldn't have put it on their website if they really didn't want to be found out?

#30 Made in SE19

Made in SE19

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:59 PM

My dad grew up on the Kingsdale Estate in Dulwich and painted a huge head on the wall next to the entrance of the flats where he lived. It was drawn in the 50s and was there for at least 30 years and may even be there still. I wonder if anyone remembers it?

Edited by Made in SE19, 10 February 2008 - 06:59 PM.