• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Molly

Molly

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:36 PM

Hey guys, I'm hoping some-one can recommend a great architect. I'd like to apply to Bromley for planning permission to add an extension to my property that sits in a conservation area but don't know of any local architects. Cheers!

#2 adam1982

adam1982

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:24 PM

I used an architect that lived just outside the M25, but worked at a big architecture firm near Oxford Street. He charges £500 to do the plans, but you will have to pay for the councils planning permission fee and building control fee. Send me a message if you interested in finding out his details.

#3 ajames

ajames

• Sponsors
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:05 PM

I know of one who has recently set up on his own and lives in Farquhar Road. Message me if you want the details.

#4 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

Does anyone know a local architect for house extensions?
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#5 Laura

Laura

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:20 PM

You should search the RIBA's web site. www.architecture.com

You can pop in a post code and type of work you want doing.

#6 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

You don't need an architect for a simple extension, especially if you know exactly what you want. We are using Steve Palmer, a chartered surveyor who many VNers will remember used to contribute to this forum. He is very thorough and efficient and we are currently awaiting tenders from our selected builders!
aka Pie

#7 Sunshine

Sunshine

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

This guy below may be of help. I couldn't work out how to attach his post so I copied and pasted it.

Hi All,

I am an Interior architect who provides a service drawing plans and elevations for homeowner's who might want to convert their lofts or extensions. These drawings would then be submitted for planning permission.

Once approved I would then deal with building regulations and structural elements of the project.

I am competitively priced and would happily work with any local architects/builders who might require additional help where this is concerned.

Does anybody have any contacts in this field who might require assistance?

Selvino

#8 Russell

Russell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:56 PM

Does anyone have any additional recommendations of architects they have used? I'm looking for someone to work on a project starting this summer. Contact details would be appreciated.

#9 Steve Palmer

Steve Palmer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

We are using Steve Palmer, a chartered surveyor who many VNers will remember used to contribute to this forum.

Still do when I have time, but I am rushed off my feet.

He is very thorough and efficient

Thanks for the plug and the compliment. I am sure I have said this in other posts, but if you are looking for a cheap service try elsewhere. I (and my firm) aim to provide a good service for a fair price...and a good service does not mean just drawing what the client wants. It means giving the client good advice on the myriad of risks and issues involved in getting the necessary statutory consents, technical matters, contractual issues and the like. So that you don't end up like this http://www.virtualno.......ost&p=34263

By and large a Chartered Building Surveyor is probably of more value on small projects than an Architect, since we have a broader skill set. There are plenty of Chartered Building Surveyors in the area too.

Incidentally, if any Sylvester or any other forum users who have used my services want to recommend me can I ask that you start a new thread using the heading "Surveyor".

Lets hope we see your quotes soon. :)

Edited by Steve Palmer, 25 July 2007 - 11:53 PM.

#10 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:30 AM

There are three existing topics for recommendations for surveyors...
Surveyor
Surveyor and Solicitor
Freehold Valuation and Purchase

If you would like to make a recommendation I would suggest using the first topic only.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#11 MissLizzie

MissLizzie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knew of a good local firm of architects?

We are planning to have a kitchen extension built on the back of our victorian terrace and need help with the whole process and good builders too!

Thanks

#12 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:28 PM

I can recommend good reliable builders who are currently working on my extension. They are H & H Builders, tel. 020 8641 8811, email h.hbuilders@btconnect.com. Please PM me if you want further info - and the benefit of our experience!
aka Pie

#13 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

Moderator's Note
Please help to keep this topic just for discussion of architects - you can add your recommendations for builders here...
http://www.virtualno...view=getnewpost

European.vote - EU Referendum

#14 dvon

dvon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hi
Im looking for an Architect. Any recommendations

#15 RedHeadPeter

RedHeadPeter

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

If you need an architect to plan your extension, conversion - or even new house, I guess - I would like to recommend Tony Brohn at Studio B3 Architects. They are a small practice in Herne Hill. Tony is disabled, a wheelchair user. That's not a reason to use them, just the way it is. Not a reason not to use them either. They designed our dining extension/new kitchen and supervised the build. There are photos on their website www.studiob3.co.uk