• Please log in to reply
1864 replies to this topic

#1861 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Great to see local businesses (Bridal and Joanna's) advertising jobs on VN in this current climate. Heartening :)

Thumbs up! :)

Reason to be cheerful - meeting tonight to discuss going backstage at Wicked the musical, to provide massage to those who work so hard behind the scenes to keep the show going! B)
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#1862 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image

#1863 Borgus

Borgus

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph

#1864 hild

hild

Gardening Geek

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Freecycle!  It's brilliant!  Have got rid of lots of stuff that's been taking up space in my loft - perfectly useable, just surplus to requirements - it's just wonderful to know that somebody else can get some use out of it, rather than taking up space in landfill.

#1865 replabjohn

replabjohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

Have been reading this thread and smiling.. started at the beginning, skipped to the end and read backwards. Anyway, here's my list of things that make me smile and /or give me warm and fuzzies:

- A well-kept pint of London Pride (especially the first sip after a long day),

- Drinking a pint of lager at 7am after finishing a week of night-shifts (feels deliciously decadent to be drinking alcohol when everyone else is on their way to work),

- Using a filled-up loyalty card at a coffee shop. Free coffee is always the best, especially if you get a larger size than normal and load it up with all the extras you're not paying for such as an extra shot and some flavoured syrup,

- Popping into a charity shop and finding a book you've been looking for for AGES, 

- Seeing fathers with small children, especially if both are smiling,

- Sitting in the pub with a pint of good beer, a good book and nowhere else to be for hours and hours,

- That feeling you have in the gym where you have worked out enough to be really tired but no so much that you're feeling crippled. Showered, tired and ready for a well-earned treat...

- Taking the time to stop and look up at the stars at night time,

- Stroking a cat, 

- That feeling when you're on an airplane and you can feel the power as it's about to take off,

- Finding significant amounts of money in the street (it has to be a note - biggest so far has been £20),

- That feeling of being loaded you get on payday (that only seems to last 24 hours)

- A new episode of Dr Who - and actually being able to watch it "live" rather than hoping to catch it on iPlayer later.

-- 
John Precedo  (replabjohn@hotmail.com)
Help send me to space! Vote for me at: http://tinyurl.com/johninspace