5 replies to this topic

#1 tiamaria

tiamaria

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

Hi all

Does anyone know of any good adult dance classes in the area? (I don't want to do latin america/ballroom/salsa because I did that at Peggy Spencers for years when i was a kid/teenager - & yes i know there's more of you out there too who discovered it before all these reality TV shows!)

I'm looking for something more like adult hip hop/street dance/disco/anything with exercise to good music etc but can only seem to find classes for teenagers...(maybe i should get the hint?!) Spencer dance school closed years ago so I don't know where else to look now i want to get back into it all......any help appreciated as I need to get fit!!

#2 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 09:12 AM

Hi there,

There was someone on here about a week ago asking if there was any demand for dance classes in the area as they were thinking of setting something up. Try a search on dance classes and I'm sure it will come up.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#3 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:37 PM

I went to the African Dance class in Brixton on Tuesday and thought it was excellent. Good teacher, enthusiastic, interactive participants of a range of ages, cheap (£5)...
7pm St. Vincent Community Centre, Talma Road, 10 min walk from Brixton train & tube, near the number 3 bus to get back to CP.

or Thursdays in Bromley, St. Mary's Church Hall, College Rd. Bromley, 7pm

you can just show up, or if you want to contact first, write to jhinzha(at)yahoo.com.br

I learned about this from the VN site!

#4 tiamaria

tiamaria

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:39 PM

Ziwa thanks for the tip, problem is I finish work at 6pm in the City - a 7pm is a no no.....7.30pm would be perfect! Guteed as it sounds like it would be just up my street

#5 tinpan

tinpan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:34 PM

Dear VNers

Does anyone know of any dance classes around CP? Preferably street/contemporary, but anything would be great.

Thanks very much

#6 tiamaria

tiamaria

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:28 PM

ive ended up sticking to classes in town as im sorry to say there's much more choice and flexibility. Ive been going to Gymbox in Holborn. You can pay as you go each week if you are not a gym member. They are about 8 per class. The timetable changes every 12 weeks or so, but they have excellent teachers and all sorts of classes