34 replies to this topic

#16 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:34 AM

ooh - portraiture - yes!

I'm doing a portraiture class at the moment on Monday evenings. I'm committed for this term now but I would be interested in something closer to home.

#17 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

Hi Caron
Im bringing a 2 interested stragglers with me tonight. So is it ok if we just pay for the individual class as per last week? Its just that they are still not sure yet about commiting to the whole term as of yet.
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#18 Caron

Caron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

Hi Twinkle and Ziwa,

I shall attempt to answer both of your questions;

Twinkle, I am delighted that you will be bringing two more people. It will be £5 for anyone who brings an extra person, and £10 for two hours otherwise. However, if anyone is coming for the very first time, they will only need to pay £5 for the doule session as they are new to the class and this is the new years introductory offer to new comers.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Ziwa,

Would also be delighted to meet you and your guests tonight. The above applies to you too. Please bring some colour pancils as t
this cla ss is run purely by myself and i hav eno funding to privide materials. The only materials i can provide are pencils and charcoal. Cartridge paper costs just 20pence per sheet.

For all of those interested in Portraiture lessons, I am researching the posibilities of doing this and will inform you of any news on this in the future.

See you all at Antenna

CARON

#19 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:17 PM

Went to the drawing class last Thurs and it was brilliant. For those of you who are hesitant but interested, give it a go. Its definitely NOT about producing masterworks, but about exercising your brain and body in a new way, to help you see. People of all ability levels were there, and all were deeply engaged with what they were doing. Caron is a supportive teacher and the model is also excellent. (The model is also seemingly named Karen, which I find very odd as the last thing I tried through the VN website recommendation was a dance class where both the instructor and the drummer were named Nelton. I don't have this mirror-imagism in any other part of my life! What's going on?)

#20 Caron

Caron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

Just to inform my students and anyone else interested, i will be producing portraits, displaying and selling some of my work at the Phoenix Community Centre in Crystal Palace. It is a monthly fayre where they sell Antiques, memorabilia, Craft and Collectables.

It will be taking place at the Phoenix Community Centre, 66 Westow Street, Cyrstal Palace on Sunday 18th Feb. 2007, 11am-4pm. The admission is free and there will be hot and cold refreshments available. There is also free parking at the bottom of Coxwell Road.

For further inf call the Centre on 02087716023 or Kathy on 0208653 7188. (www,phoenixcrystalpalace.org)

The next fayre will follow on the 18th March

Come and pop in. µeet myself and my work this Sunday

See ya all there,

Caron

Edited by Caron, 16 February 2007 - 09:08 AM.

#21 Caron

Caron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:52 PM

Dear all,

I trust that everyone is well. I too am very well.

Just a quick note to remind you that lessons are taking place as usual, even
during the easter break, every Thursday evening, 7pm - 9pm.

For thsoe of you that i have not seen for a while, the class as continued as
a drop in class for 2 hours at a competive rate of £10.

We are starting now at 7.15 till 9.15, to allow time for you to arrive
within anough time.

Thankyou

CARON

Life Drawing Tutor
(Antenna Studios)

#22 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

I've pasted below a mailing from Caron, who runs a relaxed and incredibly enjoyable open studio on Thursdays at Antenna Studios. MrZ and I have been going occasionally. Though we are still at the stage of producing pictures that are a bit of a fright, we love it! Its truly an experience of 'drawing on the right side of the brain' and for those of you who want to stretch your greymatter if its getting too stiff from analytical life, this is the way to do it! Although you will do better if you go regularly (like anything), you will still enjoy it if you go occasionally! You really don't have to be 'good' at art to go - just wanting to 'learn to see' in a new way.

"Hi..all you guys..who are NOW or WANT to be artists..well a good place to
get more practice or to begin your learning to work from the life model.is
my studio located in London's Crystal Palace area.

I have been running my classes since September on a Thursday night
From 7.15 - 9.15pm. I have at least over 40 models on my books and over 30
students. It is essentially a drop in class. Due to this factor, there is
never any guarantee of the number of students who turn up on a night. I have
students from all backgrounds and abilities.

Antenna Studios is tucked away on Haynes lane off Westow Street in Crystal
Palace. The small road goes downhill to the bottom. Turn left and you will
see a black building/yard on the left hand side 'Antenna Studios'.

I have some regular students who enjoy the class and are really appreciative
of a place to practice life drawing in Crystal Palace. I have a wide variety
of male and female models, which I regularly change, so that the students
receive a broad figure drawing experience. The studio has a fabulous source
of natural light as you will see on the website. Check it out.

.... All are welcome click on this link for any further information and for
full details:

http://www.antennastudios.co.uk

..ciao and good luck with all your art endeavors..Sincerely, Caron

#23 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:14 AM

I've been wanting to go for ages ,but Thurdays haven't been convenient for me for a while. Still if they are continuing, I hope to start coming along at the end of the month.

#24 Caron

Caron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:46 AM

Hi elleme

By all means do come along and try out the class. It is a very freindly, enjoyable experience and a great venue. I also cater for those who are either new to life drawing or have simply not done any drawing for a long time.

Look forward to meeting you.

Caron

#25 Caron

Caron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

:rolleyes: Hi

Just to let everyone know, Life drawing classes at Antenna have continued to take place throughout the summer and will continue to all year round. It is still an enjoyable, relaxing event to attend. For anyone interested please look up the links below.

http://www.meetup.com

and

http://www.antennastudios.co.uk

#26 annette

annette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:27 AM

Are these courses still running? Would love to join.

#27 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

oh yes! Always fun, sometimes quirky. Join us!

(well, actually me & MrZ only make it once a month or so but we do try to attend when we are in town and not swamped)

#28 annette

annette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:03 AM

Cool! Is it still on Thursday nights From 7.15 - 9.15pm? If so, I'll come along next week.

#29 hild

hild

Gardening Geek

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:27 PM

It sure is! Come on along! I've just started a couple of weeks ago, am a bit pants but it's jolly good fun. :D

#30 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

hild, were you there this past Thursday? Were you the person with the super charcoally hands at the end? I thought the model was very good. Another VN link, Mr Nanazola, came along as a result of me mentioning it in passing, literally, on the street when saying a neighbourly howdy. Its funny - you mention life drawing to people and most look at you like you're nuts, or launch into a 'I can't draw' explanation (as if its needed, cuz most of us can't, really)...but a few have an immediate reaction of 'that would be fun' (i.e. focusing on their potential experience, not the end product). For me, its simply a brain-stretching exercise....I really enjoy it, though my end products are, of course, pants (lacking that, even!).

By the way, sometime soon they will start a Saturday session. It won't be tutored (as the Thursday night one is) and will likely be simply a long pose. That's upping the ante, making us ski on the double diamonds, walk on the highwire....scary!