• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:40 AM

Can anyone recommend someone locally who is able to repair a Magimix food processor that has mysteriously stopped working?

#2 kate

kate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:47 PM

I am needing some suggestions for reliable Domestic appliance repairs out there... My oven needs some help but I don't want to get ripped off! Any suggestions??!

#3 Knights Hiller

Knights Hiller

• Sponsors
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

Must be that time of the year as my Bosch oven died only yesterday. Any suggestions of help for me too would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

#4 Miss Chips

Miss Chips

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

Yes please - my oven sounds like it's about to take off - definitely have a problem with the fan. Also my stereo needs fixing if anyone knows a good person - such a shame the shop on central hill has closed...

#5 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

Hi all,

we are having a little problem with our dishwasher - unfortunately it doesn't seem to be pumping out the water anymore. Have any of you had a similar problem? Who did you call in the area?

Grateful for any hints

cheers

palacegirl :unsure:
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#6 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

I'm pretty sure Tom The Mechanic sorts out dishwashers too Palacegirl just look for previos thread for washing machines he has got some good feedback.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#7 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

Moderator's Note
Sorry Palacegirl... I moved your post to this topic but as Dazza has pointed out this one would have been better.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#8 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

no worries. Why did I not think of Tom in the first place - he saved us girls before....... Will give him a call tomorrow

Thanks all :)

#9 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:07 PM

Another thumbs up for Tom - fab job, great price - very nice guy! Dishwasher working fine again :) ) - off to paint my nails now... ;)

#10 mack

mack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 12:07 PM

Does anyone know of a company / individual who repairs fridges? Ours is only 5 years old and and stopped.

Thanks in advance.

#11 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

Mack, I used AA Service - an Eastern European guy called Miroslav Petrov (8123-9934/07930-906486) - after the owner of the shop on Anerley Hill claiming to offer fridge repairs failed to turn up for the appointment we'd arranged and was abusive on the phone when I complained! Miroslav, in contrast, was prompt and polite, and spent two hours on a boiling hot day defrosting my malfunctioning fridge with a hairdryer. I still needed to buy a new fridge in the end, because the fault was unfixable, but I'd still recommend him.

#12 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

Hello,

I need somebody to check out my TV - I haven't got a picture anymore.... the tv is only 3 years old :( ((

The sound is good but it's a bit too big to just use it as a radio.. ;0)

#13 gimmeagin

gimmeagin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:34 PM

I see lots of stuff about electricians but I'm looking for a shop where I can take in a lamp to be rewired - not really a call out an electrician kind of job. Anyone know of one?

#14 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

the on/off button of my microwave is stuck and I do not know how to repair it or where to send it to ... any suggestion?

Another one: one of the drawer in my fridge is damaged and I have no clue to where find a replacement - I though to glue the fron fascia of the drawer to the drawer as it's all plastic but not sure of the lower (freezing) temperature will affect the glue. Any suggestion?
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#15 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

I'd have thought the manufacturer could tell you where they stock replacement freezer drawers or send you one.