26 replies to this topic

#16 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

Have you kept your guarantee it may still be under warranty.

I have a Gold Cross Pen which came with a lifetime guarantee this was purchased in 1983 I sent it back in 2002 because the twist action had broken & they repaired it amazing I just though it was a gimmick !!

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#17 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

I tried to call the manufacture for both but after I went through a gia-normous list of options the phone rang and none answered .... so I kinda gave up!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#18 new_boy_in_town

new_boy_in_town

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:31 PM

TV / Video / Hard Drive Recorder repairs

My 3.5yr old Panasonic DVD / Hard Drive recorder died earlier this week (6mths out of warranty - sod's law!). Just kept rebooting itself over and over again and then wouldn't power up at all.

Anyway, I had resigned myself to setting off to Richer Sounds and shelling out 250 for another one when I thought I'd just Google with the model number and problem - and found a forum detailing the problem with a simple solution involving taking the thing apart (which wasn't too difficult if you made note of what went where), adding a 10 spare part and asking a TV repair person to attach the part to the motherboard. Soldering and all that.

http://www.avforums....p;postcount=114

I'm in Crystal Palace, so no TV repair shop here that I know off, so I used yell.com which told me that my nearest was:

A.D Radio & TV
114, Norwood High St, London, SE27 9NH
Tel: 020 8670 2303

Took the motherboard and the spare part (ordered on the net) to the shop and the lovely man in there did it straight away. Took about 20 mins. He only wanted 5 for the job. I gave him 10 anyway.

The machine works perfectly now. Total repair for around 23.

Highly recommended. (Not sure what else he can fix but he seemed very knowledgeable)

#19 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

That's good.

Would the same man be able to repair an old Roberts radio?

#20 new_boy_in_town

new_boy_in_town

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:30 PM

One way to find out ... give him a ring (or pop in).

#21 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:48 AM

Our toaster - a Dualit, though not one of the most expensive ones - has suddenly decided to stop toasting. Is there ayone round here who repairs small appliances like that?
Years ago, when we lived in Notting Hill, there was a local shop that was stacked high with toasters, irons, vacuum cleaners, radios etc that would be repaired very reasonably by the old chap who had run the shop (and also sold useful things like like bulbs and fuses) for years. Then he retired and his shop was taken over by a florist who sold ornamental cabbages and sticks and un-useful things like that. Oh for a Mr Harper now...

#22 Simply Me

Simply Me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

Any other recommendation for fridge repairs?
Thanks

#23 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:13 PM

I tried to call the manufacture for both but after I went through a gia-normous list of options the phone rang and none answered .... so I kinda gave up!!

Don't give up ... check out eSpares eSpares You will need the model number.
I've ordered several items from them and am currently awaiting delivery of a replacement bottle shelf for my fridge-freezer.
aka Pie

#24 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:21 PM

I have used espares several times before too - replacements for fridges, i.e vegetable draw as well as a bottle rack

they deliver pretty quickly and it's a really reasonable price

cheers
Palacegirl
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#25 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

fyi - e spares run a promotion at the moment - 10 % off everything.
http://www.espares.c...WT.mc_id=eml022

cheers
P
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#26 whydelilah

whydelilah

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Just thought I'd let you know of an excellent electrical appliance repair man. His name is David Nichols and he does gas and electric hobs, ovens, cookers, cooker hoods and fridges. He's also gas safe registered. He's based in Bromley and his number is 07506 104882. Email is pegasus-dar@sky.com or website www.pegasusrepair.com.

I've used him twice now for our oven and am very happy with the service, repairs are guaranteed too.

Although he doesn't do dishwashers or washing machines he does know someone who does.

#27 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Our Henry vacuum cleaner has died on us, but I feel it would be wrong to give up on him. Any suggestions for who might be able to fix him?