• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#136 eyedropper

eyedropper

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 01:38 PM

A smidge off topic, but then not sure if it really warrants a new one, but did anyone see what happened with the woman with two kids and a pushchair this morning aroun 8:30ish at GH station on platform 1? The child was crying and being soothed by the mother while another lady was on the phone to, I presume, the NHS, I heard her say 'yes he felt out on to the tracks'... THe little fella looked to be ok, upset but not hurt...
www.eyedropper.co.uk

#137 peedee

peedee

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 09:33 PM

Hi - I was the lady on the phone. The baby was in the double buggy and his brother wasn't. The mum put the brake on and it tipped over onto the track. The guy next to us was on the track within two seconds to get the child to safety. He seemed ok thank goodness. A great big black eye and *** of a bruise above it but he cried for the whole time until the ambulance came and seemed alert etc. Huge relief all round. I offered the rescuer a hot sweet tea afterwars but he said he'd rather have a whisky! Me too, I must say.

#138 eyedropper

eyedropper

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:02 PM

well done that guy! And you as well.
www.eyedropper.co.uk

#139 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

Does anybody know if the poor lady who had fallend down the stairs at Crystal Palace station this morning is ok? There was an ambulance crew helping her at about 8:10 this morning.

#140 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:37 PM

Incidents galore at Gipsy Hill has it been Hexed ?

Dazza

Edited by Dazza, 26 November 2007 - 04:38 PM.

Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#141 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:32 AM

Another person took a tumble down the stairs this morning at CP station - not so badly this time thank goodness.

#142 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:51 AM

my connecting train at tulse hill today turned up 10 mins late (normal) and missing 4 carriages (not so normal). needless to say it was impossible to board the train, without first dragging off the person nearest the door, or climbing in through the window and sitting on someone's lap.
Is there any redress/compensation for this poor service, apart from the paltry small percentage off the repeat monthly ticket if the trains fail to meet their punctuality targets?

Bah!
Since I buy a montly zone 1-3 oystercard I can't even claim that, since I buy my ticket from TFL not the train company/ies

Is there a site that lists the significant delays / suspensions on the tube network on a daily basis? I'm inclined to claim that I was awaiting a northern line train during one of it's many outages and claim my 4 from TFL for the inconvenice.

#143 Paul.W

Paul.W

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

More train woes today. 7.55 CP to Victoria cancelled at the last minute, resulting in a 20 minute wait for the late running 8.12 service. The train was packed and people left on the platform at W Norwood and Streatham Hill. Disruption has continued for the rest of the day due to "congestion at Victoria and London Bridge." I'll be getting the bus home tonight :angry:

#144 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

It got much worse - count yourself lucky! A train broke down at Norwood Junction at around 8.30am, meaning NO TRAINS in or out of CP for an hour. I eventually got to work at 11.15am, having got really cold standing around on the platform waiting for services that were repeatedly 'delayed' but never actually cancelled and then boarding the ONLY train into town, at 10.53am, which had obviously been sitting in the sidings with the heating off! Oh, and then we sat outside London Bridge for 15 minutes waiting for an available platform. Grrr.

#145 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:08 PM

I waited 40 minutes at Tulse Hill for a FCC train this morning (having missed one by a whisker). They gave three reasons - borken down train, poor track conditions and problems at Norwood Junciton - not sure why the last of these was relevant...
Rachel
My link

#146 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

The 8.04 from Anerley to LB was cancelled so I trudged up the hill to CP and managed to get on a train there that arrived late. The train at Anerley was originally listed as delayed, then they put up an eta, then they said cancelled. So silly!
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#147 nickyb-inthecp

nickyb-inthecp

Battling a dangerous forum addiction

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:40 PM

I was waiting at Penge West for the 8.06am. Repeatedly delayed, then cancelled. Then the 8.36 was delayed, then cancelled.
We were told that non of the Norwood routes were operating at all (CP, Anerley, CLock House, Penge West, Sydenham)
I gave up at 9am and walked to Penge East. Get in at 10.15 : (

A joyous Monday all round really.

#148 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

I caught the late running 08.12 from CP to Victoria - I heard various excuses including broken down train and adverse weather conditions (what, a bit of fog!). On Friday, the 08.12 was cancelled - not sure why as no-one bothered to explain, but I had to go via London Bridge instead. The 08.12 is usually pretty reliable but there have been a few problems with it recently. It's worrying as I've just started a new job and trying to make a good impression not turn up late for work every day :angry: .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#149 spenge

spenge

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

The lack of information this morning was a joke, got to CP for the 8.57 said it was on time, got to about 5 past nine and they cancelled it, trudged over to the other platform for the 9.13 from London Bridge which was on time, few mins past its arrival time that one was cancelled. I gave up as I had seen the 8.29 had been cancelled and didn't have much hope of the 9.27 running so thought I would get the 432 bus to Brixton, what I didnt know was that Tulse Hill was closed off and the bus was being diverted via Streatham (the bus also did not have heating on!), I finally got to work just before 11!. Journey home was better although the train from Clapham was heaving, but I managed to grab the last seat :P . I will be driving in tomorrow (providng my car does not break down again!).

#150 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

My journey home last night was crap too. There was a fire alert at Victoria so the tube wasn't stopping there. I ended up on an extremely packed bus from Brixton to CP and it took me an hour and three quarters to get home. My other half couldn't change from the Central to the Victoria line at Oxford Circus because it was so rammed and ended up having to get the number 3 all the way from town. Took her about two hours in total. The transport system is a complete shambles at the moment.

Hoping that today is going to turn out better than yesterday :blink: .
Mel, Forum Moderator