• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#16 cleonard

cleonard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

The roof over my flat needs repair. Has anyone any suggestions of reliable roofers in SE19? The work needed will be repair of guttering/replacement of tiles etc on a roof that was constructed in about 1985, at the back of a Victorian building.

#17 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

See previous post Big Al has various recommendations on this forum phone number 07932 401488 tell him VN reccomended you .

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#18 dragregory

dragregory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:36 PM

I'm going to add yet another recommendation for Al - he came and replaced the guttering to our house today and I'm very pleased with his work and he's a good guy to deal with. I'll certainly be asking him to deal with any other guttering or roof repairs,

Dave Gregory

#19 Archie

Archie

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

Hi all,
Just to say thanks for the recommendation of Big Al as a roofer.
He came over the bank holiday weekend and put some facia board back for for me.
It fell down from the apex about 6 months ago and have been looking at it and the height and thinking must do it but need another person and a second ladder. So got Big Al round took them 10 minutes.
Prompt, polite and reasonable price.

#20 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

We called Al in when the roof of our loft conversion started leaking. He and his colleague put a new surface on the roof, sealing it so it doesn't leak any more, and cleared gutters etc while they were up there. They showed us before and after pictures, which was a nice touch because unless you own a helicopter, it is hard to know what anyone has done on your roof. Like any roof job, it wasn't what you'd call cheap, but they got on with it, cleared up afterwards and were good people to deal with.

#21 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Just thought i would update you on Big Al I know most people on VN now use him for roofing/repair projects & he has asked me to thank you all for your loyalty as he does not live in the modern age of electronis etc

Big Al has just exspanded his business & now has a team of people he supervises that can tackle all types of building work no job too small etc most of the people he works with have been working local in the area for years.

Contact phone number 07932 401488

My family & friends have been using him for years & is highly reccomended fair price & stands by his guarantee !

Edited by Dazza, 26 May 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#22 Willy

Willy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

Another recommendation for Al, he came a fixed my leaking guttering and fixed a broken downpipe for a very reasonable price and did the work quickly, plus he's friendly and polite.

#23 muten_roshi

muten_roshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

Anyone got any more recommendations? I've had Big Al in and Dave O'B but I could really do with one more just to get the holy trinity of quotes in before moving ahead with the work. Cheers

#24 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

With this weather Big Al is rather busy had a beer with him Saturday he had to do 15 quotes in the last few days !

Dazza

#25 Marti

Marti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Had Big Al come round to do some work on my summer house, his team did a good job clearing a ton of overgrown bush on the roof and repaired roof leak, cleaned up and turned up when he said he would.

Has passed on details of builders for another job in my kitchen and the guy turned up prompt for a quote.

Sorted!!

Edited by Marti, 18 July 2012 - 07:47 PM.