36 replies to this topic

#1 helenlewis

helenlewis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:40 PM

Hello
Sorry if I've missed the Vets posting - I've searched through but can only find reference to catteries. I've just bought a gorgeous new kitten that needs its injections doing asap. Can anyone please recommend somewhere very local (ideally walking distance) from the CP triangle?
Cheers!

#2 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

We have used Wenzel's on Gipsy Road, which was fine. This is walking distance from the triangle.

We now use the Parish Lane Veterinary Surgery in Penge and Brian, the vet there has been fantastic.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#3 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:44 PM

There are details of vets in this topic.

We could do with some more recent recommendations if anyone would like to comment.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#4 miss_g

miss_g

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:53 PM

*** love wenzels, so fab an sympathetic, saved my tom boy's life...
bless them. lovely lady vet there last time I went.
i thought they were reasonable, that said i would have paid anything for him to be sorted!

#5 helenlewis

helenlewis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:14 AM

Brilliant thanks everyone. I've got Mishy booked in at 4pm today at Wenzel's and as our car is out of action I'm going to be walking there but it's only 5 mins away so should be OK. I'll give feedback on the service after the appointment.

#6 helenlewis

helenlewis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:27 AM

Just to let you know that I'm quite impressed with Wenzel's. So far so good. They seem to be in line with other vet prices and the lady vet is very friendly.

#7 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

For all those at West Norwood nearest to Herne Hill, I can recommend Norwood Road Veterinary Clinic:-

10 Norwood Rd
Herne Hill
London
SE24 9BH
Tel - 020 8671 3421

We've had quite a few escapades with our ageing cat recently and they have been quick to diagnose and treat and tried to keep the costs down.

#8 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

Has Wenzel's changed hands? I drove past the other day and I thought it said Paxton Veterinary Surgery or similar but couldn't stop to check.

#9 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:59 PM

Not sure if it has changed hands but it is called Paxton Vetinary Surgery now. It has a new sign and I think the front has had a lick of paint - it looks smarter than it did before. Just wish that some of the other shops on the parade would smarten up too!
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#10 J B

J B

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:30 PM

I have used Wenzels - now Paxtons for just over a year now, they have been great, even though I have only been with them a year I have visited many times as my dog has an ongoing illness and Helen the vet there is brilliant. I did notice that the name has changed but didn't think to ask why - Service was still great and the prices are better than others I have used in the past.
www.londonorthotics.co.uk

#11 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:25 AM

They have been taken over (was there the day they chagned over.) but it's all the same staff.
Rachel
My link

#12 Angela

Angela

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 10:55 AM

I can recommend Paxton Vets (previously Wenzel's) too. We have a new kitten as well, but as a rescue we were unsure of his background. We took him to be checked over and have his injections. All the staff were very friendly and professional and the prices seem ok too.

You will probably already have thought of insurance for your kitten? We think it is very worthwhile considering how vet's bills can add up in later life.

#13 Papillon

Papillon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

Hi there,

I'd love to use Paxton Vets but I find parking around there really difficult. Has anyone got any tips on where to park that's near-ish?

Cheers !

#14 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

We used to use Paxton Vets (ex-Wenzels). We parked on the street that runs down the side of that block (on the left if facing the building). Parking was always a pain to be honest and we often had to trek back up from quite far down. We now go to Parish Lane Vets in Penge (it's just as near for us anyway). We can always park easily there, often just outside the surgery.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#15 Come on you Irons

Come on you Irons

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

Hi

If you're coming down from Gipsy Hill, take the usual left at the mansion, just after turning there's a really small right hand turn about 8 shops before the vets. I've dived in there a few times when taking 'Paolo Di Catio' for his check ups (well taking him there to get sixteen (yes 16 teeth out)