36 replies to this topic

#31 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi Rennie,

I suspect most VNers won't be able to advise on this so you might find it quicker just to give Paxtons and Parish Lane vets a ring to check.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#32 rennie

rennie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

Will do, thank you.

#33 scarykitten

scarykitten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:02 AM

Hi All,

I note that most of the posts on this thread are over a year old and wanted to get an update if possible. We live on Gipsy Road, so Paxton's would be easiest, but as we'll have to drive the cats to any appointments anyway, would consider something further if it's highly recommended and parking is easier.

We have already have two cats but recently seem to have been adopted by a third (who is old and doesn't look like he has a home) who doesn't look very well. I'd like to get him checked out by a vet as he's looking very skinny round his hips and has something wrong with one eye, and also see if he has a microchip (as he's been around here for years but has been looking dreadful recently so I wonder if his owner moved away and he got left behind) - any tips on whether I should try to catch him and take him to a vet or can I contact the RSPCA or someone to come round here instead?

I'm locking my cats inside the house and feeding him outside every day at the moment so he's beginning to trust me, but not sure I'd be able to catch him and get him in a cat carrier yet. Poor little fella.

#34 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:08 AM

Hi Scarykitten,

We still use the one on Parish Lane in Penge and have always found it very good. In terms of parking, the best are Parish Lane and the one near Selhurst Park (not sure what it's called these days and prob not a good idea on match day afternoons!). You can park for free on the streets of both those vets. Paxton's is a pain for parking as it's on the main road and the side streets round there get quite full.

Re the 'adopted' cat, I suspect if the documentary about Celia Hammond the other night is anything to go by, the RSPCA are probably snowed under so it might be best if you can get the cat to a vet to get it checked out.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#35 scarykitten

scarykitten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for the advice Gekko - will see if I can get him in for a check up.

#36 trixie

trixie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 10:57 AM

I've used Paxtons in South Norwood for the past 3 years & would highly recommend them. You can park right outside no probs, though as mentioned before not a good idea when Palace are playing at home! They are at 30 Clifton Rd, Se25 6NJ, Tel: 020 86533355

#37 neildmc

neildmc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

We used Foxgrove Vets (http://www.beckenhamvets.com/) to Spay our cat and for post-surgery check ups. They were very quick at getting us an appointment and are open quite late which is useful for post-work appointments. They were very caring towards our cat and quick to get her back to full fitness.