• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Crofty

Crofty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:36 PM

Maybe you should include the theme tune for the Archers - at least it will liven things up :D

#17 Mantis2K

Mantis2K

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:33 PM

This DVD is almost complete!

Completed

Main Menu
Hough scene selection
Silva scene selection
The Silva Footage
The Great Fire of 1936
Special Features menu
Deleted Scenes menu
Photo Gallery

To Do

Synchronisation of the Hough footage
Deleted Scenes conversion
Event Review (in-progress)
Chase up 2 people
Credits menu

I'm no longer writing an article on the History of the Crystal Palace, as it would be a waste considering not many people have showed interest. Atleast there's some old footage of the palace and the new fireworks footage--those are the main things!

Edited by Mantis2K, 17 December 2006 - 05:34 PM.

#18 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:46 PM

That's good news. Perhaps for a history, you could look at the Wikipedia article?
Nick, Forum Moderator

#19 Mantis2K

Mantis2K

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:10 PM

I can't copy and paste info from a website like Wikipedia--that would be shady! :D I was planning to write an article myself and cover lots of details missed out by the various books on the subject, but mainly also to showcase some rare photos I got from Ebay and unpublished illustrations. However, after careful considerations, I think it would be an unecessary waste of time and may delay the DVD until the new year. If I was to write an article, I think it would best be published in a magazine (would need to hire an editor as well!), as not enough people would get to read it in this Fireworks DVD. I want this DVD to be special, but I think writing a new article--considering how long it takes me based on my lack of ability--is taking things too far.

#20 Julius

Julius

• Sponsors
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:21 PM

Mantis2k

As the Crystal Palace Museum will be closed for the Christmas and New Year period could you please phone the CPF Events information line any time this week which will be open untill Saturday.

Tel 0208-249-5824

Thanks

#21 Mantis2K

Mantis2K

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

Julius, I'll try and give you a call this evening.

This DVD is pretty much complete now. I just need to speak to Julius. I've calculated the costs of DVD media, postage & packaging; if you would like a free copy, please register/login to your PayPal.com account and send a payment.
To = rarekfm@hotmail.com
Amount = £1.50
Note = Palace Dreams DVD

That will cover my expenses.

Alternatively, I shall be bringing copies down to the Crystal Palace Museum when it re-opens after Christmas/New Year; you can collect a copy Saturday/Sunday afternoon, but would need to put atleast £1 in their donation box.

Contributors need not pay anything, as I'll pay for their P&P out of my own pocket, so will be in contact for the address details soon...

Finally, I'll post a link to a downloadable torrent when ready.

Edited by Mantis2K, 19 December 2006 - 12:42 PM.

#22 Crofty

Crofty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:38 PM

Mantis2K

I don't know you find the time to get the whole project together with such short notice! So well done for that. I think your idea of a minimum £1 contribution is a good one and it should hopefully mean that many more people will see and relive the spectacle once again. I just hope that everyone is not too expectant about the footage that my son shot!

Can't wait to see the finished result.

Crofty.

#23 Crofty

Crofty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:57 PM

Woo Hoo!

I got my Palace Dreams dvd today and a cracking bit of work it is to!

Many thanks must go to Mantis2K for all his efforts in bringing the project to fruition as well as Julius and Silver.

Mantis2K I will refund your postage when I next get to the museum.

Thanks again to all involved.

Crofty.

#24 Mantis2K

Mantis2K

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

Mantis2K I will refund your postage when I next get to the museum.

No need mate... That's the least I could do... Please thank your son for sharing the footage, and I thank you for making the effort to come down last time.

I sent out 7 packages, so hopefully everyone will receive the DVD in time for Christmas. I know Julius already has...

#25 craig_r

craig_r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:20 PM

Mine turned up just before Christmas! Many thanks!

Craig