Photo

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be buying the book...

1. On pre-order (7 votes [35.00%])

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. As soon as it is released in the shops (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. After the frenzy dies down (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. Later if I find the time (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

5. Never (10 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 02:16 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/6200745.stm
Author JK Rowling has revealed the title of the seventh and final Harry Potter book. It will be called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The announcement was made on the writer's official website. Despite the publication date not being known, the book is tipped to be a big seller, like the rest in the series. Speculation about the plot has surrounded the book after Rowling admitted two characters will die - some think it could be Harry Potter himself.

Pre-order link on Amazon.co.uk for £13.99... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:37 AM

You say "sorcerer", I say "philosopher"...

Has anyone else noticed people getting the words "deathly" and "deadly" mixed up? The title of the seventh book is supposed to be "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" not "Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows" but it seems as though most of the bloggers covering the latest news have dozed off in the classroom!

:flame:

#3 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

I know it's not the most well-written series in the world and it's hardly going to make the Booker shortlist, but I must confess that I've read and enjoyed all the HP books so far. I notice that no-one else who has voted for 'pre-order' has openly admitted to being a fan on the forum yet :P so I'll be the first to come out of the closet and say that I will probably end up pre-ordering it!

Hmm...why do I feel like I'm at an AA meeting or something? :blink:
Mel, Forum Moderator

#4 chrissyb

chrissyb

what shall we make today?

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:28 PM

Cant abide the HP series myself. All that boarding school broomstick nonsense.

#5 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

I enjoyed this profile of J K Rowling and especially A S Byatt's quote when she says 'Ms Rowling's magic world has no place for the numinous.

Well Ms A S Byatt, I wonder what the numinous have to say about that! ;) I for one can't wait for book 7. 7?? :unsure:

Anyone for a Midnight feast?

#6 Retired_Member_2

Retired_Member_2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

As this is a local website for local people is it possible to change the advert at the top to point to the Booksellers Crow instead?

Edited by ged, 03 January 2007 - 04:17 PM.

#7 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

We will accept advertising from local businesses that are interested. I discussed this possibility with Jonathan at The Bookseller Crow just before Christmas but I guess he has been rushed off his feet.

We are running a special promotion with Google/Amazon at the moment so if you pre-order from Amazon.co.uk it will help us with our web site running costs.

Pre-order link on Amazon.co.uk for £13.99... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
(ordering via this link will help to support this web site)

#8 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:28 PM

James have you got any other of these deals so that next time we use the internet for our purchases we can help VN?

On a more topical note: no I will not pre-order the book and it's very unlikely I will buy it, not really my cup of tea sorry !
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#9 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:13 PM

The main way to help support VN is by becoming a sponsor, clicking on Google Ads or ordering from special Amazon links. However it might be an idea to have a "special deals" page with more information about the various ways you can help VN and also any discounts or promotions available from local businesses for our members.

#10 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:52 AM

That’d be great James, so we can go straight to the page and order via there.
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#11 katsku

katsku

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:11 PM

I'll pre-order it when we get the release date - so the owl will know where to find me in case I'm on holiday or something.

James, what is the difference between "deadly" and "deathly"? I've been wondering about this. Good chance for me to "eemproove my Eenglish".

Katsku

#12 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

http://www.jkrowling..._view.cfm?id=97

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be published on Saturday 21st July 2007 at 00:01 BST in the UK and at 00:01 in the USA. It will also be released at 00:01 BST on Saturday 21st July in other English speaking countries around the world.