• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:42 PM

Moderator's Note
When we moved web servers a few of our recent topics weren't transferred.
This topic has been imported. It was originally posted by Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf
Jan 17 2007, 08:20 AM
It seems that Warrior Cd store is now only open 2 days a week until further notice...

Anyone know whether this is the shape of things to come or if it's a temporary arrangement?
Hope it's not on it's way out as if it does we will be without a proper music shop.... ( unless of course anyone wants to provide the capital for "Uncle Wilf's Soul Cellar"....)

Tuesday Girl Ventures
Jan 17 2007, 09:41 AM
dry.gif

Yes Wilf I have noticed this lately. It is annoying on a random visit when the shutters are down.

Open two days a week cannot be a good thing. Surely won't be making a good turnaround

It will prob just slide into a 'never open' existance, unfortunately...

James
Jan 17 2007, 10:55 AM
QUOTE(JulesF @ Jan 17 2007, 10:04 AM) *
Talking of shops in the triangle, I notice that some work is taking place in the shop that used to be the HSBC Bank on Westow Hill - anyone any idea as to what is moving in there?

Moderator's Note
Please don't post off topic. This topic is about the Warrior CD store.

If you want to discuss the HSBC building the existing topic can be found here...
http://forum.virtual...?showtopic=1761

#2 lewis23

lewis23

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Hi everyon,

I noticed the warrior CD store is still closed, I was wondering if anyone know the owner or landlord?any advice on the store would be appreciated and information in the sport betting shop just opposite gipsy hill station. Thanks

#3 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

They were doing some work in the warrior cd store a few months back. Rumor was that the coffee shop next door was going to expand, if I remember right, was on new openings somewhere. Work seems to have stopped for some while.

#4 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

I miss Warrior CD store. 2 cd's a week. I reckon I singlehandedly kept them afloat for a while. Downloading is like being at work with a click of the mouse. Now I use Head music shop in Bromley.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#5 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hi everyon,

I noticed the warrior CD store is still closed, I was wondering if anyone know the owner or landlord?any advice on the store would be appreciated and information in the sport betting shop just opposite gipsy hill station. Thanks

The warrior site has permission to rebuilt up to the roof line of the building next door ( in the same style) and for Nero's to expand into the ground floor space.
No idea if the current owner has plans or the money to do this and looks like he is using the closed store as a store room at the moment and doesn't seem that fussed as the CD store has been closed a number of years now.

Might be worth asking the manager at Nero's if there are concrete plans to expand.

What are you looking at using the unit for?

#6 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

I miss Warrior CD store. 2 cd's a week. I reckon I singlehandedly kept them afloat for a while. Downloading is like being at work with a click of the mouse. Now I use Head music shop in Bromley.

Wilf, do you go in the Haynes Lane Market? Rob sells CDs on the upper floor in there for £2 - he avoids the obvious mainstream material but always plenty of good stuff.

#7 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Indeed, I picked up this great album there the other week...
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#8 lewis23

lewis23

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

@norwood lad, I was thinking of doing same to be honest but also sell second hand items, anything and everything

#9 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

@norwood lad, I was thinking of doing same to be honest but also sell second hand items, anything and everything

You were thinking of opening a music store on that road? Not sure that could work. I'd love to be proven wrong but the rent and rates there will be huge.

#10 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Wilf, do you go in the Haynes Lane Market? Rob sells CDs on the upper floor in there for £2 - he avoids the obvious mainstream material but always plenty of good stuff.

Thanks - I will go and take a look. I would support a music shop but I suspect most people with money locally prefer to click on a mouse and download. See I need to know if a band look like a bunch of geography teachers.
Fighting Nightingales

#11 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

While I love being able to gratify my craving for new music with the click of a mouse, I love browsing stalls and 2nd hand music shops. Much more satisfying to take home a physical object and put it in a machine and play it.

And then copy it onto the iPod...

#12 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I have an ipod for convenience but I prefer going to a show and handling a physical object be it cd or vinyl. And this rarely gets interrupted by windows updates if you know what I mean.
Fighting Nightingales

#13 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

I never get interrupted with Windows updates, what with being a Mac ponce.

Sadly, I no longer have a record player, though i do have about 50 LPs and 20 12" singles gathering dust on a shelf.

Edited by nikdevlin, 18 December 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#14 FitzRoy

FitzRoy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Mac's v PC's ......

Attached File  comics-mac-285501.jpg   109.13KB   0 downloads