• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:59 PM

Moderator's Note
When we moved web servers a few of our recent topics weren't transferred.
This topic has been imported. It was originally posted by motherash

motherash
Jan 18 2007, 11:16 AM
hi everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that the Blackbird bakery will be opening in cp, hopefully by early feb. The shop is the old Studio interior shop next to the white hart. Some of you may already know us from our Herne Hill shop, Northcross road market or the farmers markets. we will be opening from 7am-7pm and really look forward to seeing you all in there.

helenlewis
Jan 18 2007, 11:25 AM
Hello,
That is really great news! I'll definitely be a regular. Do let us know when you get an official opening date.
All we need now is a butcher's - anyone know whether that's on the cards for CP?

Uncle Wilf
Jan 18 2007, 11:39 AM
Wonderful news Motherash.

You will have the custom of the Wilf empire.

JulesF
Jan 18 2007, 12:17 PM
Superb! A great addition to the area. Looking forward to my first hot loaf already!

twinkle
Jan 18 2007, 12:19 PM
brilliant - at longlast - ive just emailed all my mates in and around the palace that news.....

Molly
Jan 18 2007, 12:25 PM
Thats wicked news! Definately count me in as one of your new customers. I wish you every success, although I'm not sure you'l need it with the amount of people crying out for a bakery and butchers. I'll email the news to friends too.

gekko
Jan 18 2007, 01:31 PM
Wow, that's amazing news. I think you've got a great location as well as it's not too far from the carpark and you are next door to best and busiest pub on the triangle.

I'm really excited about this and can't wait for you to open.

barbersfort
Jan 18 2007, 01:56 PM
thats great news....will def email the cp crew

ajames
Jan 18 2007, 07:25 PM
Great news. My mouth is watering.

Jenny
Jan 18 2007, 08:13 PM
I've had their bread, scrumlicious

Elmo
Jan 18 2007, 08:34 PM
Yay!!!

elleme
Jan 19 2007, 01:16 AM
Do you sell bread through Sergios too? The name Blackbird Bakery sounds familiar. At any rate I'm really pleased to hear a that bakery is opening up!

loplop
Jan 19 2007, 09:02 AM
Glad to see someone has used their loaf and seen the potential in opening a proper bakery in CP.
Best of luck to you, Motherash.

Florence
Jan 19 2007, 09:36 AM
Brilliant news about bakery! Any chance that you might make the odd fresh gluten free goodie? Good luck!

motherash
Jan 19 2007, 08:14 PM
thanks for your heart warming response everyone..... will let you know as soon as we know the opening day.

Sylvester
Jan 20 2007, 01:28 PM
Excellent news - and the very best of luck to you! I hope you will use this Forum to ask what the local tastes are ... we love multi-seeded bread and it would be great to be able to get a variety of REAL patisserie locally.

Palacegirl
Jan 23 2007, 11:20 AM
yes, lovely multiseeded bread would go down a treat!!! I used to get it at the cafe/bakery next to mother earth...... but that's a long time ago
let us know when you open

davem
Jan 23 2007, 11:49 AM
This sounds great - will you be baking the bread on the premises? Or will it be delivered?

motherash
Jan 23 2007, 02:50 PM
The bread wont be baked in the shop but in the Blackbird unit which is in herne hill. We make a five grain multiseed, honey wholemeal, walnut and onion, spelt, caraway rye, sour dough and many others.Its baked through the night and will then be delivered first thing. We also do croissants, sweet tarts, quiches, cakes, smoothies, coffee, granola, sandwiches, salads and lots more.

collycos
Jan 23 2007, 02:55 PM
Sounds brilliant!
Please send a reminder before you open - will be there!

Robbie
Jan 23 2007, 06:00 PM
Sounds wonderful. I've been waiting for a decent bakery in CP for a long, long time.

The selection sounds great. Best of luck. I shall certainly be visiting.

Robbie

Aunty
Jan 23 2007, 06:16 PM
Is the Blackbird Bakery going to be in the shop that had the wonderful roaring fire going today? Walking past, I felt warmer just looking at it!

Any chance there might be squashy armchairs round the fire to sit and guzzle in?

motherash
Jan 23 2007, 07:07 PM
it is Aunty, its a wonderful fire place a perfect shop for a bakery.

#2 DaisyGrubber

DaisyGrubber

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:06 PM

Great news! (If not for my waistline or my pocket...!) Going to the Blackbird Bakery is a great treat whenever I'm in Herne Hill. Fab cakes, great bread.

#3 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:34 PM

I must try out the Herne Hill one to see what we can look forward to! It all sounds delish. :)
aka Pie

#4 der_maberley

der_maberley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:53 PM

Saw it being painted on Sunday as I toddled by after a long lunch in Lorenzo's, didn't much envy the guy outside with the ladder, but the others inside, with the open fire blazing away, looked warm as toast. To blazes with the diet, I aim to become a regular....

#5 motherash

motherash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

hi everyone......we're nearly there with the bakery. Just to let you all know that the opening day is imminent, hopefully sometime this week and i will let you all know asap.

#6 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:28 PM

Wow this is so exciting. I also recently discovered the new cheese stall at Haynes Lane market as well so to be able to get a weekly fix of top quality bread and cheese makes me very happy.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#7 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

Good to hear it's opening soon!

#8 motherash

motherash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

right then we are opening tomorrow although please bear with us for a few days whilst we get fully stocked. I hope you come in for coffee or just to try our bread and pastries, it will be lovely to meet you all.

#9 Retired_Member_2

Retired_Member_2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

What time are you open to on week days?

Good luck with your opening day!

#10 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:51 AM

yes - good luck with the bakery - everyone i know is looking forward to actually tasting some nice breads atlast!!!
hopefully see you in there today...
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#11 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:41 AM

Thank you for bringing something to the area that people want/need. I hope it is a success. I am working from home today so may pop in this afternoon.
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#12 Jenny

Jenny

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

I bought the flapjacks and caramel tarts from the Herne Hill recently and they were yummy...

#13 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:04 PM

Can't wait - what are the opening hours?
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#14 Mango

Mango

Forum Fruit

• Sponsors
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:11 PM

I've just been and bought my lunchtime sandwich from here, and I'd like to report that it was delicious - brie and roast peppers (I think!) - the bread particularly was splendid.

There's not much in there yet though - they aren't quite ready - It'll be at it's best in a few days I'm sure.

:)

Edited by Mango, 28 February 2007 - 01:29 PM.

M A N G O

#15 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

i got a multi grain loaf - i have to report, very nice indeed......
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com