• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:39 AM

I have to email them - had not time during the "rugby weekend" I will send them a note today.

However I had confirmation by several sources that I will need "just" the Building Notice.

I will keep you posted

Regards

LSPE
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#17 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

I managed to get at the bottom of this and I understand that as long as your property is not in an Article 4 Area and is a Single Family Dwelling (i.e. not converted into flats) you can change your windows under your permitted development rights, for this no express planning consent is required.

Mine (unfortunatelly) is a converted flat so I have to request the plannign application 135 + the Building notice 350 (circa) ..... THANKYOUVERYMUCH!!!

Very frustrating adn expensive ... however if I restore the existing windows no permission is requested ..... however the heating dispersion in my property will be still high adn therefore I have to use more fuel to heat the flat ... humm!!!

ARGH!!!!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#18 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

The never ending story

Now that I have all the docs I have noticed tha they want 6 copies of the site location map with the boundary of the application site outlined in red - scale 1:1250 - obviously the one I have in my docs is a different scale so FURTHER 25 to be wasted on this as LEGAL REQUIREMENT.

I mean - clearly I am not used anymore to this red tape nonsense - but I am ONLY replacing the freaking windows not knocking down a building!

Total bill now:
135 plannins application
25 OS maps
350 Building Notice

and this is the support we get to try to reduce HEAT dispersion in a property? they are so narrow minded that they'd rather have me keeping rotten windows than replace them
ARGH!

end of rant (part one cause I am sure there will be more)
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#19 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

Goodness, that is steep. What is the Building Notice exactly - is it to do with buildings regulations? You still need the notice even if you are using a FENSA registered window installers?
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#20 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:58 PM

that's waht they say but I will fight till the last drop of my blood (or penny)
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#21 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

last update:

I managed (finally) to speak to someone who knows what he's talking about at lambeth building control and he kindly confirmed that I need only to send the FENSA certificate to them once the job has been done (that saves me 364) yippieeee!!!

I have also found the scale 1:125 map of my area/property so I do not need to pay extra 25

what a good day!!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#22 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

Well I received a first reply and i had to complete the Design and Access Statement, no need to say that out of the 7 points listed only 2 applied to my case and they were already covered in my letter.

I do not blame them they are just following the rules but whoever set this rules is a genius!!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!