64 replies to this topic

#1 Craigsplace

Craigsplace

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

Hi All,

I saw Kirstie Alsopp filming in the neighbourhood a number of months ago and contacted the production company to see when it would be airing. Apparently, our little burgh is featuring on tomorrow night's (Wednesday at 8pm, channel 4) episode of Relocation Relocation. I expect this should be followed by legions of property-hungry couples climbing the hill from the station on Saturday morning.

#2 randomv

randomv

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:39 PM

I viewed a flat on Fox Hill last spring and was told that Phil and Kirstie had been there a few weeks earlier. We thought it was very overpriced and a bit too much of a risk - be interesting to see if they came to the same conclusion!

#3 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:43 AM

I love this programme anyway, but it will be interesting to watch if they are going to be looking at properties in the area. I wonder how much of the area they will show and what they will make of it?
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#4 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:16 PM

Hmm. This is whatis scheduled for tonight, according to C4

Relocation Relocation
Rachel
My link

#5 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:22 PM

Well, unless we count as the 'truck-laden Croydon' they are trying to escape from, I don't think it will be tonight's episode. Since I understand there were properties viewed around here, I don't think it can be.

#6 geronimo

geronimo

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:19 PM

that programme was actually shown last week

#7 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:20 PM

I think that was last week's episode.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#8 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:26 PM

Ah I see. I suppose they wouldn't put tonight's viewing on before they have aired it.

doh! Not very with it today.
Rachel
My link

#9 geronimo

geronimo

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:34 PM

this is what radio times says:

Property experts Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer present a series helping people change their lives for good. Globetrotting couple Andrew, a successful opera singer whose career takes him all over the world, and his partner Paul want to anchor their jet setting lifestyles by finding a home in Paris and a crash pad in London. But with a modest budget for Europe's premier cities, will they be able to afford it?

do you think as Paris was too expensive, Kirstie and Phil try to pull the wool over their eyes by showing them a flat with a view of the transmitter mast in CP?!

Edited by geronimo, 28 February 2007 - 01:34 PM.

#10 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:02 PM

Just saw TV listing in the Times - they said London and Paris, so I guess that C4 don't update their website very quickly! I think it's very likely they'll make something of our very own faux Eiffel Tower.

#11 Aunty

Aunty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:51 PM

The AOL TV guide has the following:

"Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer meets a jet-setting couple who need help finding two properties. Opera singer Andrew Foster-Williams and his partner Paul need a home in Paris as close to the bustling central districts as possible, and a crash pad in London. The sale of their two properties gives them a budget of 320,000, but the pair experience a reality check when they learn what they can afford."

Ouch - that IS a budget!

#12 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:06 PM

Just watched the program - i thought it was a really good overall description and view of what the palace is like... obviously the prices have shot up since they were here - i would love to know how much that fox hill property is worth now....
weldone kirsty and phil....
Boo! to the boys who couldnt make a decision - their loss!
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#13 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

That couple were impossible weren't they? Their inability to make a decision has ended up costing them thousands in lost property investment but they really didn't seem that bothered at the end. Wonder if they'll feel like that in the medium and long term when they realise what an opportunity they missed.

I thought that the picture painted of CP was v positive. Kirsty was a bit lukewarm about it at first but I think she was expecting they'd be disappointed with it compared to Paris. The guys were really enthusiastic about the area though and the fact it's a great place for cafes, bars and restaurants really came through. Also, the shots really showed off the varied architecture and made it look a great place to hunt for a period flat.

Shame they didn't like Sydenham much but I guess they were more interested in the bars/cafes etc on offer than useful shops. One thing I found strange was that at the start they said they wanted it to be easy to get to the opera houses, but getting back to CP late at night isn't exactly easy as the trains finish just after 11. Wouldn't fancy that trip home on the number 3 every night.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#14 Craigsplace

Craigsplace

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

I must admit, I am pretty happy with the result. The boys seemed to be pretty impressed. The prices seemed a bit outdated, but then again, it was about a year ago when I saw them filming. Tough couple of punters for ole Kirst to deal with though?!?

#15 rich

rich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:35 PM

Just saw Relocation Relocation, and I thought it was fab for CP. Guess we'll get lots more new buyers in the area now.