• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16 richie

richie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:44 PM

Anyone that missed tonights program can catch it again tomorrow (Thurs 1st March) at 9pm on More4.

Get those set top boxes recording !!!

#17 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:06 PM

We were viewing flats at the same time as these guys and looked at the one on Central Hill ourselves. We turned that one down because of a lack of garden and the balcony wasn't as big as the agent described to us. The reception was huge but the main bedroom was off the kitchen and overlooked noisy Central Hill. We tried viewing the Fox Hill flat too, but it went under offer before we got the chance. Worked out ok for us in the end though, as we now have a lovely garden flat on Mowbray Road. :P

#18 randomv

randomv

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

Turns out we viewed the Fox Hill and the Central Hill properties. Turned down the latter for similar reasons as JMH but I'm sure investment-wise it would be a good buy.
We didn't see the Sydenham property, although that is where we ended up buying - for all the reasons Kirsty gave for taking them there! I was a bit annoyed about their opinions on Sydenham, but they were clearly idiots and at least the professionals had good things to say about this whole area.

#19 StephenB

StephenB

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

"More greasy spoon than cafe latte" did seem rather harsh on Sydenham (and I say that as a dweller in the espresso-based milk drink that is Crystal Palace).

Nice that the final shot illustrating the line "with all its pubs, bars and cafes" showed the Cambridge. I expect it will now be overrun by Claphamites looking for some real sophistication.

#20 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:28 AM

I thought it was a realy good episode, CP looked really nice the way they filmed it, although I thought they did focus a bit much on the fact that there is a Caffe Nero - it is not the be all and end all. Although I liked the way she said that in a few years time there will be a train running from here to Highbury and Islington. Just having CP in the same sentence as Islington immediately made it sound glamorous.

Fox Hill's residents will be chuckling to themselves after having their road described by Kirstie as the 'best street in Crystal Palace'. You lucky so and so's!
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#21 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

Whereas we all know from VN Monopoly that Mayfair is Belvedere Road... Fox Hill is "only" Park Lane.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#22 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:39 AM

Harold Road is equiv to Mayfair where the prices of most the properties are 1million plus in the road.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#23 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

"
Nice that the final shot illustrating the line "with all its pubs, bars and cafes" showed the Cambridge. I expect it will now be overrun by Claphamites looking for some real sophistication.

There is some delicious irony in that. If all the Claphamites wander into the Cambridge asking for half an Erdinger and sea bass on a bed of pesto mash, they might be given something approaching short shrift.

They might have done some more in-depth research....

Didn't catch it myself but glad that CP got some positive coverage... and rightfully so.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#24 Mango

Mango

Forum Fruit

• Sponsors
  • 772 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 12:28 PM

"The sale of their two properties gives them a budget of 320,000, but the pair experience a reality check when they learn what they can afford."

Ouch - that IS a budget!

Not really. You can easily get a decent two bed place round here for 160, and I believe Paris is cheaper than London so why not? :)
M A N G O

#25 Craigsplace

Craigsplace

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:22 PM

Hi Mango, I'd like to know where 'around here' is. Two bed flats on Church Road are going for in excess of 250K.

#26 barbersfort

barbersfort

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

Looks like Relocation Relocation might do for CP what Notting Hill has done for err....Notting Hill :D

#27 drummerboy

drummerboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:16 PM

I left Crystal Palace a few months ago and now live in Ramsgate in Kent. Relocation x 3 did a programme in Ramsgate last month and our local estate agents have said that the show has dramatically fuelled demand for houses in the area . I wouldn't be surprised if agents on the triangle are experiencing the same thing to today.
On the whole I thought they described the area well and its definitely got to be a big up for Crystal Palace.

I think Kristie is right about Sydenham having potential. Its steadily improving. Even The Dolphin looked like it'd been trendied up when I drove past this morning. Now if they can only change
the sign from "The Two Half's" to The Two Halves

Edited by drummerboy, 01 March 2007 - 02:16 PM.

#28 Retired_Member_2

Retired_Member_2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

160k would get you an average one bed. According to Findaproperty the average for a 1 bed is 165,672 and a 2 bed is currently going for 213,722

#29 Craigsplace

Craigsplace

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

Drummerboy, my wife and I happened to be visiting Whitstable the day after it aired on one of these programmes (can't remember which one) and the place was swamped with property tourists. I reckon the cafes will be pretty full this weekend aroung the triangle.

#30 Urma

Urma

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

Here's hoping Kirstie can work the same magic for Wet Nowhere one day.

Perhaps a couple of those businesses priced out of the newly trendy triangle will filter down amongst the chicken shops on Norwood Road...