• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chriscofo

chriscofo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:10 PM

Hello. I am new to the Virtual Norwood website and forum - can't believe I didn't know it existed! It'll take me a while to find my way around, so bear with me!
I am representing a local amateur dramatic group, St Mark's Players, as their current Publicity Officer and this forum seems like a good place to spread the word. We are looking for people to help with all that goes into staging a show at the Stanley Halls, South Norwood Hill. Some of you may even have seen our 48th (!) annual Panto at the end of Jan/beg. Feb or a previous production. We are producing a summer show - 15th and 16th June 2007 - and are looking for people to help backstage with scenery and particularly need a Stage Manager as ours has sadly had to leave through ill health. We are a friendly group who welcome new members - does anyone out there feel they'd like to have a go at managing our backstage crew?? We are also looking for someone who would like to co-ordinate Refreshments - it may not involve being on or back stage but it's an essential part of putting on a successful performance for both the cast and audience! We have lots of family members (in fact, my daughter became a member first, then me and now my husband as Front of House Manager - and he didn't even think he liked amateur dramatics!! let alone musical ones!!) so if anyone would like to come along with another family member or friend that's just fine - a job can always be shared. Our members range in age from about 9 to....well...let's say slightly more senior, so whether you're a teenager, retired or somewhere in between as long as you have enthusiasm we would welcome you. Oh, by the way, we donate annually to local charities which was the basis of the group's birth all those years ago.
I shall look forward to any replies or questions anyone may have.

#2 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:11 PM

Welcome to VN and your am dram group sounds very nice! I am taking retirement in a few months' time and may well come along when I've got more time to spare. Good luck with recruitment!
aka Pie

#3 chriscofo

chriscofo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

Hi Sylvester (you don't look like a Sylvester!!). It would be great to have you along - you'd be in time for the 49th Annual Panto!! If you know of anybody else in the meantime who would like to come along to help get the show on the road then point them in this direction!

#4 chriscofo

chriscofo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

COME ON GUYS AND GALS!! There must be some of you out there ready to meet new people and have fun by getting actively involved in our local friendly amdram group - St Mark's Players. Come and help us stage our forthcoming Summer Show "Our Business is Show Business" - we desperately need SCENE SHIFTERS, SCENERY DESIGNERS/PAINTERS ETC.ETC. AND SOMEONE TO ORGANISE OUR TEAM OF VOLUNTEERS TO SERVE REFRESHMENTS.
The show will be at The Stanley Halls on Friday 15th June and Saturday 16th June. We have lots of elderly and disabled people who come along each year and have a great time and we donate annually to local charities - COME AND BE PART OF THE FUN. If you're interested in any other aspect of the group then please do still contact me.

Moderator's Note
Please avoid over-styling your text. If everyone uses this technique just to get noticed then all our topics will become much harder to read.

Edited by James, 27 March 2007 - 03:24 PM.
Removed font styling