9 replies to this topic

#1 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hello all,

It's soon to be Mr. M's 30th, and I want to throw a party for him, so I'm looking for venue ideas. We do love the Black Sheep, but prices are a little high (250 deposit which you only get back if you spend 600 behind the bar!) and the Bluebottle said they could "reserve some tables" for us (not what I really had in mind).

Can anyone reccommend anywhere else? There'd be maybe 30-odd people.

Thanks!

#2 Jenny

Jenny

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

Lancasters will let you book their back room, or you can even book the whole place...not sure how much though.

#3 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:04 AM

There's the back area of the Mansion, the Railway Bell have a "citrus garden" and small function room, Numidie is available midweek for parties, Mangosteen have a bar and function room downstairs... There's quite a bit of choice.
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#4 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

I was going to say upstairs at the Black Sheep - I went to a 30th birthday party there a couple of yrs ago, it was a fantastic night. Not cheap though as you say.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#5 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:07 PM

I had my engagement do upstairs at the sheep, and it was brilliant! Not cheap if you don't hit the bar bill, but you most probably will. I was worried about it and we ended up spending about 1.5k on booze!! :wacko:

All it takes is for 30 people to spend 20 each. So the solution is to invite more people to be sure... it can feel empty up there with less than 50 people anyway.

Follow me on Twitter

#6 Hop

Hop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:46 PM

I remember that night Elmo - I don't think the same can be said to be true for you or Mrs Elmo!

The blacksheep is a great venue if you have the crowd.

#7 Elmo

Elmo

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

I had to be, quite literally, carried home... complete casualty! Was a legendary evening by all accounts. ;)

Oh - extra tip for Black Sheep: hire some DJ equipment from Sound Force on Church Road and get your mates to take turns deejaying. Great fun and cheaper than you think. :D

Follow me on Twitter

#8 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 02:39 PM

Thanks everyone! Will mull over the options...

#9 tiamaria

tiamaria

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

hi im curious to know claire if you found anywhere?

#10 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

In the end we reserved an area at Revolution in Clapham :unsure: wasn't exactly what I'd had in mind, and they did mess up my request a bit, but hey, we know a barman there and we got cheap drinks all night! :lol: Hooray!!