Photo

Social Event in April

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Social Event in April (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to come along?

1. Yes, definitely (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Yes, hopefully (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. No, but maybe on another occasion (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. No, not interested (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

We will be holding our 21st social event for members and friends of Virtual Norwood Forum at Numidie Wine Bar (on Westow Hill) on Tuesday 17th April 2007 at 7.00pm.

To help us to estimate numbers please vote in the poll. This is a public event, not a private party, so there is no condition of entry and you can bring your friends with you too.

If you've never been, and want to find out about what people thought of previous events have a look at the following topics:

Social Event in March, Friday 23rd, 7pm at The Royal Albert
Social Event in January, Wednesday 31st, 7pm at The White Hart
Social Event in December, Thursday 7th, 7pm at The Black Sheep (14 attended)
Social Event in November, Thursday 16th, 7pm at The White Hart
Social Event in October, Thursday 26th, 7pm at Numidie (12 attended)

If you are attending for the first time please look out for anyone wearing one of our I Love VN badges or ask at the bar for "Virtual Norwood".

#2 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:08 PM

Hi James - I have to admit that I was reading the website regularly for a long time before I noticed the little, inconspicuous notice about the social. Perhaps you can also list it as a topic, or put it in flashing red letters or something for those of us who are not as blog-savy as the rest of the rEal-world.

#3 der_maberley

der_maberley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:06 AM

Sorry I won't be there, am surviving a tornado storm in South Carolina at present, hope to be back in Blighty on the 19th. Y'all take care now...

#4 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:58 AM

I should be there tomorrow

fingers crossed

L
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#5 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:03 AM

I look forward to meeting everyone coming to tonight's event. Remember it is a free event and you don't need a ticket so if you'd like to pop in please do. Just ask at the bar for Virtual Norwood.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#6 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:45 PM

It is unlikely that I will be there tonight - work is really catching up at the moment, but I will try....
Nick, Forum Moderator

#7 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

Nice seeing you lot last night

James, hope you made it home safely ... unless you are still on the bus!!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#8 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:40 AM

Yes, the 410 to Wallington is always an adventure. It was nice to see you all last night and glad to see you made it along as well Nick. Do we have any suggestions for our next social event venue?

#9 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

location?
THE MANSION!!
date
not sure .... but if my gas is still cut off by then I doubt you wanna be any close to me!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#10 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:51 PM

LSPE whadyamean, you switch to a fabulous new job and they cut off your gas to get even?

It was great to meet all of you - and see some people again.

When shall we have a meeting at the Bridgehouse?!
(The best rumour of the evening was that the Bridgehouse Tavern - on the Penge Borderlands - is getting taken over by the people who run the Mansion! The sun is rising ever brighter over Penge!)

#11 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:23 PM

(The best rumour of the evening was that the Bridgehouse Tavern - on the Penge Borderlands - is getting taken over by the people who run the Mansion! The sun is rising ever brighter over Penge!)

See here
Nick, Forum Moderator

#12 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:20 AM

Yes Ziwa

Thankfully I will get back home to my old job (watch this space for further moaning about it of course)

The Gas is till cut off until Tuesday, I had nightmares that they could not make the replacements leaving me spending more time in the gym's showers (no pun intended please)

I am still battling with the council to replace my windows, now I am armed with pencils and papers to draw the elevations of the buildings (let's NOT go there)

Anyhoo, your idea of a place for next time sounds gfood if that's feasable.

Me
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#13 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

Hi LSPE. I had wanted to ask you about your househunting woes and commiserate on renovation issues when we met at the last social.

On my suggestion for the next social...urm...maybe we should wait for the Bridgehouse until AFTER the Mansion people do some magic on it. See my posting when I suggested Willy take his blind date there. Its a real LOCAL local, in a Pengy kind of way. I love the idea of Stone Penge....so maybe that'd be good. But its a bit hard to predict. Another suggestion - how about the Gipsy Tavern? Close to a station!

#14 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:02 PM

The Gipsy Tavern sounds like a good idea. Does anyone know when they hold live music or quiz nights, or any other fixtures that may clash with holding a social event there... from past experience our social events work better if we can hear one another easily.

#15 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

Any event planned in May?
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!