• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

I saw this morning that work seems to have started on this site, hopefully it won't be long before something opens.
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#17 Gipsy

Gipsy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

Great news. What type of cafe is it? Eat in, takeaway, deli?! I've never been brave enough to buy anything from the 'cafe' inside the station so look forward to checking out the Blue Mountain soon. :D

#18 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:10 AM

The Blue Mountain cafe in east Dulwich is on the trendy market street there, North Cross Street/Road i think is the name. I've not been in, but i recall it being mentioned in Southwark Life as the favourite haunt of the actor from Cold Feet who does the yellow pages ads, who lived in the area. Presumably it will be a smaller version of that.
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#19 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:49 PM

Is this still on the cards ? Nothing appears to have changed as far as i can see.

blow

#20 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:07 PM

loplop,
i've got an update for you...!
The cafe is now being re-furbished and is due to open on 22nd June, as The Blue Mountain Cafe as charlie has previously stated.
Very handy for when you miss the train by a minute on a Sunday.
best,
loplop

blow

#21 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

that sounds like a great news, looking forward to it ....
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#22 OG_Mudboom

OG_Mudboom

• Pending Removal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:06 PM

Personally I always liked the little cafe in Gipsy Hill station. Nice simple cup of tea and a croissant when waiting for the train. And the lady who served me was always friendly. Still, events like this always force proprietors to up their game, so who knows what'll happen next! Doesn't affect me however, I live off Beulah Hill (with a lovely view) and use CP stn more often. Could do with something there throughout the day as some of us don't commute in the early hours of 8am!

Edited by OG_Mudboom, 25 May 2007 - 09:11 PM.

Either they don't know, don't show...or just don't care what's going on in Norwood.

#23 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:00 AM

I had a little nose through the door as the workman were working away yesterday and it seems to be taking shape. It does seem rather small though, I couldn't tell if it went further back though or if it had a garden? I wondered is it going to be a cafe (as in breakfasts, lunches etc) or is it more of a deli for take away with maybe a few tables? Has anyone been to the Dulwich one?

#24 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

Does anyone know if this place will be opening on Saturday as mentioned on here previously? It does not look ready yet, but maybe it all comes together at the last minute? I am so looking forward to being able to get a nice breakfast at the weekend at the bottom of the hill. :)

#25 new_boy_in_town

new_boy_in_town

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:07 AM

I noticed the signwriters were up on ladders this morning starting to add the lettering to the top-sign. Actually, they'd only put up the website as I passed.

www.bluemo.co.uk

#26 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for this, I didn't realise that the cafe had a website, whenever I have searched on google it has just come up with reviews of the place.

The food sounds really nice, I think it is a good sign that succesful busineses in desirable areas are opening up second branches in the area - and not only that, according to the award they have just won it's the 'Best Coffee Shop in London.' Fabulous!

#27 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

When I was looking at the Sydenham Forum to see their response to the CPCA's comments I came across a thread that was saying that Sydenham too is getting a branch of the Blue Mountain Cafe.

http://forum.sydenha...cb6763711fc6135

They are obviously doing very well for themselves if they are able to open two cafe's simultaneously! Or I wonder if the rumour has somehow got distorted and the Gipsy Hill branch became Sydenham. I hope not as they seem really excited to be joining 'cafe culture', the more the merrier I say.

Does anyone have any more news about when our little branch is going to open?

#28 mefisto

mefisto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

Hi, I went to the Blue Mountain in East Dulwich to get a preview of things to come (it was lovely!) at the weekend and apparently the one on Gipsy Hill will open Monday 16th....

#29 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:27 PM

Due to open tomorrow, Wednesday, or the day after.
Looks superb inside, and outside, and there's a secluded little space out the back too.

blow

#30 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:42 PM

It's now open apart from the courtyard garden which will open in a few days. We went in today. Very pleasant staff and a warm welcome. My wife and me are well pleased - no more schlepps up the hill. It's a welcome addition to the area although I suspect it may be a little small for the likely demand