• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:34 PM

Bought a muffin after work - this place is lovely!! I'm rather gutted that I live on t'other side to the hill :(
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#32 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:54 AM

Looking forward to missing my train one morning.
It looks fabulous...inside and out, with wonderful plants and flowers...inside and out.
This place really brightens up the view leaving GH station.
As jamesl suggests, it may get very busy in there, especially at weekends.
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#33 duckec01

duckec01

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

I think they will do ok but I'm sure the triangle would have been a better bet, as they will have to rely on commuters for most of their trade

#34 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

I can imagine that the rent on the triangle is far higher.

blow

#35 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

I think they will do brilliantly and will be extremely busy on the weekends. They seem really friendly and it looks lovely both inside and out. Opening hours of 7-7 (weekdays at least, not sure of weekend hours) mean they will be able to catch early morning commuters and those on their way home from work. We definitely needed something like this down this end of the hill.
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#36 LouBlueMo

LouBlueMo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

Hello Virtual Norwood!!

Just a quick note to say thank you so much for the welcome and support that you have given us since we opened last Thursday. We are really happy to finally have the shop open after lots of hard work over the past few months!!

If anyone has any feedback about the cafe, anything that you'd like us to do, anything that you don't like, please let me know! We want to make our cafe perfect for the area and perfect for you and your needs!

Please come in and say hello (If you haven't already) or feel free to drop me an email any time.

Just for the record, our opening hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am -7pm, and 10am - 5pm on Saturdays. As yet we aren't open on Sundays, but it is something that we are considering if the need and trade is there! We will also be expanding our seating area hopefully by the beginning of next year, so no cause for concern on that front!

Louise xx (Manager at Blue Mountain)

#37 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:17 AM

Drove by this morning and it looks great from outside. Unfortunately, I'm on the wrong side of the hill and rarely walk down that way. I'm sure this place will be a hit with the Gipsy Hillers though.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#38 janeyp

janeyp

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:51 PM

A very warm welcome to Louise and her team at The Blue Mountain. A terrific addition to the Gipsy Hill area, and particularly for those of us only a hop, skip and a delicious cappuccino away (seriously good coffee by the way, Louise!) I look forward to spending lots of time in there!

#39 geronimo

geronimo

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:54 PM

Popped in here in yesterday - had a great coffee and a lovely piece of quiche. The place has been done out really well - great quality and attention to detail, and the coffee and food is excellent. Will be great when the garden out the back is done too.

Staff are really freindly and very keen for trhe place to succeed - they are really interested in finding out what people want from the cafe. They say there will be more in the way of take out food and things, and I love the fact that they sell other stuff like the fresh cut flowers and plants - all a bit different to other local places too.

A fantastic addition to the area and I wish them well.

#40 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

geronimo, i couldn't agree with you more in every respect.
Superb coffee and food...the warm ham and cheese baguette i had was absolutely incredible.
And the staff and decor are wonderful. Excellent value too !

blow

#41 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

I managed to get there last week, sorry forgot to post about it, and despite I like the place and the loaction is good I must admit that paying 3.75 for a cheese and ham croissant was a little bit too much. However, I might just be out of touch with the reality of prices!

The coffee was good.
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#42 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:47 PM

i went in there todayy for the first time and the staff couldnt be any more helpful - lovely place and i cant wait to taste some of the glorious cakes they had on display....there was even a courtyard out the back where im sure in the morning is a sun trap whilst eating their breakfasts
good luck with it and may it last for a very long time....
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#43 HillBilly

HillBilly

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:45 PM

Adore this lovely addition to GH. Friendly staff, GAWJUSS fleurs and cakes and I quite like that its off the triangle as it feels like a little hidden gem AND you can park outside!
Yummy

#44 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

I had just had to post and say that I had the most delicious vegetarian pie and a gorgous chocolate muffin from here this afternoon. I am so glad we have this place, otherwise I would have to trek up the hill when I fancied something nice for lunch.

Apparently the new downstairs kitchen will be open early new year and it will start selling breakfasts etc like the ones in East Dulwich/ Sydenham, there is also the possibility of more downstairs seating. Plus the garden which I didn't ever get to use this year. It is also planning to open on Sundays soon. Yippee.

The Sydenham branch is apparently outselling the East Dulwich one. Go Sydenham. Hope to see the Gipsy Hill branch bustling once the main kitchen opens too. Although it is not doing too badly at the moment anyway.
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#45 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:33 PM

I stop there almost every day to fetch a hot chocolate on the way to work - very nice people and yummi choc ...
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!