Shecky's Chicken Shack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

#46 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:59 PM

Well we tried it on Saturday night and we were reasonably happy with the food for the price. Our chips were lovely and the spicy roast new potatoes nice enough. Agreed the chicken portions were on the small side (I had a chicken breast burger, my other half had the quarter chicken). The salad bar selection was varied and fresh. I agree the soft drinks selection was pretty poor and mentioned this to the Manager guy, who said they were still testing the market and would make changes as they go along. So I suggested that only fizzy drinks would not be acceptable for my grandchildren. The dessert choice is limited to frozen yogurt or cheesecake so we went without. Coffee was OK but a little overpriced at 1.60 for a small capuccino However the house wine is Italian and very gluggable at 9.99.

We went for main courses plus side dishes deal, so the bill came to a very reasonable 25 for two which is about the same as a meal in Pizza Hut. I reckon that's OK and would happily go again, but as already pointed out, they may have trouble filling the seats, especially during the week. I do hope they take on board people's suggestions. Apparently they had 3 visitors from Nandos in Croydon as soon as they opened!
aka Pie

#47 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

From the sounds of it Nandos have nothing to worry about !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#48 palacequeen

palacequeen

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:10 PM

Our experience overall is that, it is pretty good! Service is attentive as you would expect from any new business. Also, the food is well cooked and the options of sauces to compliment your grilled chicken is very tasty.

We did like the facilities of the ice machine and fizzy drinks, great as and when you are hanging out in their fantastic terrace garden, which wasnt quite finish but you can imagine it will be a great chill out zone. A safe place for children to run around after all the e numbers consumed in their drinks.

Another good venue for all to sample, which isnt a typical brand in every high st. We will continue give them our support.

#49 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:13 AM

After some cajoling from Mrs Uncle Wilf, yesterday evening we went to Shecky's.

Sat outside as it was a pleasant evening.
The idea of going to the bar to order your food might put off some people, particularly if it was busy but it wasn't very busy yesterday evening when we arrived. However, while we were there it filled up a little.
The staff were very attentive and friendly and service was very quick.
The food to be honest was ok - harvester-type food - chicken and ribs and it was fine but nothing special.
Very limited drinks menu which by the sound of it they may review.

Would work well as a family restaurant I think and there's not many of those at the Palace so it should do well.
Not my personal cup of tea but decent enough. But when the Wilf family tree gets extended, I may look on the place differently.

The garden space out the back - for those of you unfortunate to experience the Puzzle in the past you will already know - is a nice space and this is a bonus at this time of year.
But top marks to the staff - they work very hard and make you feel welcome.

Incidentally mods - when will Shecky;s be in the restaurant section? Could all these reviews be pasted across?

Edited by Uncle Wilf, 24 May 2007 - 07:13 AM.

Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#50 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:15 AM

Mrs JGX, Mini JGX and I popped in here last night for dinner and I have to say we were all very impressed.

The place is spectacular and the garden area a real gem. Food was excellent and very reasonably priced (24 for 3 including a bottle of house red) and the staff were very very friendly. I think it's a welcome addition to the triangle and hope it does well.

JGX

#51 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:19 AM

Incidentally mods - when will Shecky;s be in the restaurant section? Could all these reviews be pasted across?

I'd love to, however in order to set up a new topic for Shecky's I need contact details etc. If someone can get hold their phone number I can give them a call to get everything I need. Unfortunately I won't be able to transfer the existing comments because the date-order won't run correctly with the new poll. (n.b. I did ask for this earlier but nobody responded)

European.vote - EU Referendum

#52 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:51 PM

. . .I need contact details etc. . .

Here you go squire:

Sheckys Chicken Shack
Tel: 020 87615187
25 Westow Hl, London SE19 1TQ

Cheers,

JGX

#53 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:23 AM

Thanks JGX. Unfortunately the number you provided isn't being used by Shecky's but after a bit of detective work I have the new details I needed. There is now a new topic for Shecky's Chicken Shack in the Reviews section...
http://www.virtualno...?showtopic=4618

By the way, when I spoke to the manager he said that the drinks menu is being revised and the chicken is going to be 'crispier'.

If you would like to comment on the food and service you have received at Shecky's Chicken Shack please use the new topic. This topic is now closed.

http://www.virtualno...?showtopic=4618

European.vote - EU Referendum