• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#31 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

We've been with Park Practice for 8 years. I've only seen the doc once in that time but my partner has been a few times. Dr Fagbohun is brilliant - she's sympathetic, patient and willing to discuss the pros and cons of certain meds with you. My partner saw a new female doctor there earlier this year. She was also great but I don't know what her name was. One of the male doctors was really unhelpful to my partner a year or two back, basically unsympathetic and downright rude. After complaining, she got to see Dr Fagbohun instead who was completely different.

When you phone up, ask for a specific doctor to ring you back rather than just any doctor. Unfortunately, if you don't specify, you nearly always get the unhelpful one. The good ones are always booked up of course ;).

The triage system is a pain in the ass to be honest but it's popular in many surgeries now. My beef about Park Practice is that the environment is so bloody unwelcoming. The place is a bit of a dump and could do with a makeover.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#32 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I second absolutely all of the above!

#33 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

I third all of the above! I actually ask NOT to see a certain male doctor after he was extremely patronising and rude to me, however Drs Fagbohun, Mohammed and Patel are all very good.

#34 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

This is very enlightening. It seems that it's not just my partner then who has had problems. 'Patronising' sums it up very well.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#35 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

I believe one of my female neighbours complained to the practice manager about said male doctor's attitude.

#36 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

Dr Verdi at Church Road practise is very good, he cleared up my ongoing problem with chronic piles pretty quickly. :)

#37 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

I used to go to Park Practice before I moved to Church Rd - agree re gloomy decor, important if you are sitting around for ages waiting for your overdue appnt (as I often did).

I use the Upper Norwood Group Practice on Church Rd (assume this is the one Hermit refers to above). Dr Deegan is very good indeed, and I quite like having a female doc for once.

#38 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

We've been with Park Practice for 8 years. I've only seen the doc once in that time but my partner has been a few times. Dr Fagbohun is brilliant - she's sympathetic, patient and willing to discuss the pros and cons of certain meds with you.

More praise for the wonderful Dr Fagbohun, who, when I told her I couldn't really take time out for an urgent appointment during only my second week in my new job, invited me to see her in her precious pre-surgery admin time so I wouldn't be late for work. She never makes you feel rushed, never patronises and always fully explains any diagnosis and course of recommended action. She's without doubt the best GP I've had to date!

#39 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Great news Gill and I hope your new job is going well.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#40 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

The Aukland Rd practise has been OK; I didn't like Dr Nunn initially, but his habit of asking a question then interrupting the answer was quashed by my habit of interrupting his interruption to finish answering the question. Also, he and I share a love of SciFi which helps break the ice. Dr Wagstaff was good too, and the Chinese (?) male nurse is a real sweetie.
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#41 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Great news Gill and I hope your new job is going well.

It is, thanks, Gekko - I am loving it (though I've only just got home, having locked up the office for the first time - yikes - better work-life boundaries needed henceforth!) :)

#42 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

That's great Gill. It's always nice to hear 'love' and 'work' uttered in the same breath. It can be quite a rarity these days!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#43 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Ask me in six months, ha ha ha - it's probably the thought of my first paid Christmas leave in a decade plus the office party next week at Shoreditch House that's turned my head! Must say, though, at the mo, even my own desk, with its shiny Mac, plant, filing trays and Anglepoise lamp is enough to bring a smile to my face - anyone who's been assigned the worst desk and chair as an in-house freelance knows what that counts for! :)