Photo

Belash Tandoori

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:03 AM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Belash Tandoori

205 High Street, Penge SE20 7PF

Open Monday to Sunday 12pm-2.30pm and 6pm-11.30pm

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1451

Indian

#2 bebofpenge

bebofpenge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Belash Tandoori

205 High Street, Penge SE20 7PF

Open Monday to Sunday 12pm-2.30pm and 6pm-11.30pm

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1451

Indian

Were it not for its unfashionable address, Belash Tandoori would be packed every night. For many years it has provided a consistently exceptional experience. It is traditional Bangladeshi cuisine along with Britain's unique take on Indian food. Reasonably priced with very good service it offers a great night out. When The Moon and the Stars opposite has a Curry Night, the Belash Tandoori offers a special price. It is still more than twice the price of Wetherspoons but is vastly superior. Although I am in the UK usually only every second year, I never let a visit pass without dining there. They even recognise me despite the infrequency of my visits.

Brian B
Australia

#3 Cllr John Getgood

Cllr John Getgood

John Getgood

• Sponsors
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

I've always thought the Belash was one of the most under-rated eating places in Penge. It's well above average and I've enjoyed many pleasant evenings there. They are very welcoming. The Olive is also good and seems to have taken some of the Belash customers but I do hope locals will continue to support all attempts to provide worthwhile eating places in Penge.

Cllr John Getgood
Penge & Cator

You can meet your Penge & Cator councillors on the first Saturday of every month,

outside the Post Office on Penge High Street, between 10.45 and 12.15. 
www.pengeandcatorcouncillors.co.uk

#4 beanstalk

beanstalk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

We've eaten at the Belash many times and it has always been excellent. Great service, really tasty food - the specials are well worth checking out and ladies always get a rose at the end of the evening - a lovely touch! If you fancy a curry then get down to Belash, it really is worth it.

Edited by beanstalk, 25 June 2009 - 01:30 PM.

#5 bebofpenge

bebofpenge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:11 AM

I made an extra visit to the UK and tried the Balash three times while I was there. Apart from giving up trying to compete with the Wetherspoons Curry Night by offering specials, nothing has changed except the menu which has got even better. The house specialties are unlike anything I have encountered elsewhere in the UK and are well worth investigating. As Olives is attracting people to Penge to EAT rather to shop, some people might be tempted to walk a few yards further down the High Street to sample the delights of the Belash. (they still remembered me from the previous year!)