Photo

Tamarind

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Good (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. Average (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Tamarind

75 High Street, Penge SE20 7HW

Open Monday to Sunday 5pm-11.30pm

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1454

Indian

#2 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

Thursday night was not my favourite night I was late in and had no food as mrs b is sunning in cannes...
despite the need for food i elected not to do mediterranea on my own...and set out for a take away...
walking towards penge I spotted Tamarind...empty but with tables and chairs... i wandered in and asked
for a table...no expectations...and it was really rather nice! my favourite is dewaniam forest hill and
always has been but the food was good and the service was prompt and i was in and out in an hour
starter main course and trimmings and a huge cobra 20.00

I know the mediterranea evening would have been better but I am going to tell mrs b on a cannes
beach that i am having fun?!?! I took myself out for a curry in penge- thats not the high life is it?

#3 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

we do take aways from Tamarind and find them to be excellent value and really fast. Some of their dishes are better than others, but having a super speedy takeawy open late with decent curry nearby is a huge bonus to the latenight, forgot to cook lifestyle.