Photo

That's Amore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Good (1 votes [33.33%])

3. Average (1 votes [33.33%])

4. Poor (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

That's Amore

124 Kirkdale, Sydenham SE26 4BB

Phone: 0871 811 1420

Italian

#2 b0at

b0at

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:34 PM

Don't usually post reviews but I can't believe no-one has commented on this restaurant! I'm almost afraid that I'm exposing a well-kept secret...

Not as convenient for us as the triangle restaurants but it's worth making the journey. Mussels on the specials menu were fresh, fat, tasty specimens and my partner found the bruschetta very good. Italian food traditionally makes the most out of fresh ingredients simply cooked and can sometimes be bland and repetitive after the first few mouthfuls. However, the pasta was delicious and interesting throughout and perfectly cooked al dente how I like it.

We couldn't find a menu anywhere online, so we took a punt at That's Amore and we weren't disappointed. A three course meal for 2 sharing one dessert between two of us, coffees and a bottle of house wine set us back 46 excluding service. We found this very reasonable for food of this quality. The portions are good too - I ended up taking half my pasta home in a doggy bag :)

For a Saturday night I'm surprised it wasn't busier but the number of regulars in conversation with the waiting staff is testimony to how good it is. It is the best restaurant we have come across for a while so we'll definitely be back!

PS: I should say that it doesn't look like pizzas are available, so as not to disappoint any pizza-lovers out there