Photo

Social Event in June

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Social Event in June (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be able to come along?

1. Yes, definitely (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Yes, hopefully (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. No, but maybe on another occasion (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

4. No, not interested (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote

#16 miss emma

miss emma

Crafting whizz

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

thanks gekko!

the exam went well today, but ive got chemisty in the morning so i wont be there tonight as i havnt a clue when it comes to science! have a good time tho!

Edited by miss emma, 12 June 2007 - 03:40 PM.

Gorgeous gifts handmade in SE19, The 39 Stitches

#17 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:15 AM

Feeling a bit worse for wear this morning - had to have a sausage sandwich and a strong cuppa to kill the pain but I'll live.

Lovely to meet Tony and John (have I remembered your names correctly?). You have to stop being lurkers now and join in the chat :) . Also nice to meet Mr. Ziwa. We discussed most of the usual topics with added insights into climate change and the moth collection at the Natural History Museum.

It was a great night.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#18 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:42 PM

we had a great time! MrZ was particularly glad he came along - he commented that it is an unusual formula for people to meet who have almost nothing (known in advance) in common except that they like their neighbourhood and enjoy being interactive. It really works!

MissEmma, if you'd come you'd've met a stack of beer drinkin' scientists, which would have provided lots of entertainment and quirkiness - but unforutnately we've probably all forgotten our chemistry too, so that (and other things) would have made us bad role models! Here's your advice to get through the exams: Look for the parts of science that are FUN (Elmo commented to me last night that he had an inner scientist that he'd like to channel some time, and we agreed that many/most people do in some way) - then try to find out where that fun part connects to the not so fun stuff to help you suffer through.

#19 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

Sorry i could not make it last night - though I managed to keep a calm approach to the entire situation it took a couple of hours to have the deal sorted and I was drained and in need of sleep + I had to water the plants in my neighbour's garden ....
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#20 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

I'm disappointed you weren't there too, LSPE! I wanted to hear all the gory news about the house & building trials.

I'll be back in 2 months and look forward to the updates then.

#21 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

Due to family commitments I will be unable to attend a social event in July. However if you would still like VN to arrange a social event this month please can you give me some feedback on venues/dates. From past experience we have found that a 7.30pm-ish start during a weekday, excluding Fridays works best, in venues that aren't too busy or noisy, with good public transport access. Anywhere in the Norwood area is acceptable although CP seems most popular.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#22 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

Now I'm back from Thailand (boo hoo) I can do most dates this month. I wondered about a Black Sheep social to 'celebrate' the new smoking ban. It's a place I've avoided due to the bad ventilation but it is good in terms of space for VN meets and there's a beer garden for die-hard smokers!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#23 StephenB

StephenB

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:52 PM

Sounds good. Or the newly refurbed Westow House?

#24 chrissyb

chrissyb

what shall we make today?

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:52 PM

Most dates fine for me too - also back from Thailand so will get a bit of a shock at UK price of a margarita after such a cost effective fortnight!
Happy to go anywhere too.

#25 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

How about the Black Sheep in July and Westow House in August?

Which date would be best... Wednesday or Thursday next week? Or do you want to do it on a Friday? We don't usually do Friday's because people often have other arrangements and it can be hard getting a seat but it's up to you!

#26 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

Just realised that next Friday clashes with another local event, so perhaps Wednesday or Thursday is best. If I can get some feedback on which is preferred I can set up the topic for our next social event.

#27 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:56 AM

Either day is good for me.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#28 StephenB

StephenB

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

In case this is still on, I could do Thursday but not Wednesday.

#29 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

Thursday would be better for me also now if it's still on. Not had much of a response though so far.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#30 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

There is now a new topic and poll for the Social Event in July.