• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 fidel

fidel

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

Here is an iteresting update on the Rip Off firework display on November the 5th, I have it from a good source that the fireworks come in big, morter style tubes, and smaller tubes. These are designed to overlay each other giving a constant and fluid effect to the display.

<comments removed>

Nothing like looking after the locals....

Last time you'll see me and my family up there.

<comments removed>

Why not drop them an email. If you can find them.

Edited by James, 08 November 2007 - 12:20 PM.
Potentially Libellous Comments

-
www.gunpowderstudios.co.uk

#32 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:42 AM

Grim reading, fidel. I know this is a mobile number and an aol.com email address but they were given out as the contact details for Billy and his mates:

Event contact details
Telephone: 07971 007 012
Email: sstaddon@aol.com

By the sound of it, though, you wouldn't hear back.

#33 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:52 AM

Someone must have hired them - Bromley council?
Prob we should also make a complain to them (??)
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#34 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:58 AM

I feel quite dirty and violated. And.... yes... I remember that feeling as well... it's anger :angry: :angry: :angry:

Who the *%$£ do these people think they are??!!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#35 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:27 PM

Moderator's Note
I can appreciate that people are upset. However, we are unable to allow allegations of illegal conduct or inflammatory/rude comments to be posted on the forum. Additional posts added to this topic must comply with our forum guidelines. If they don't we will close this topic and start removing posting privileges. No excuses - think before you post!

European.vote - EU Referendum

#36 fidel

fidel

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:34 PM

James, Why do you keep removing my text, I have'nt said anything rude, just the facts. It's facts and people should know what really happened.

Come on mate!
-

#37 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

Moderator's Note
I'm not debating this... you can't make allegations about a business doing something illegal and expect them not to sue us to protect their reputation. Even if it is in the public interest we can't afford to get involved in any legal action.

Fidel, I have only removed your comments on one occasion and didn't specifically refer to your comments as being rude. The rules are the same for everyone - mind your language and don't say things that are potentially libellous.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#38 fidel

fidel

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

Billy Davies runs the fair and put on the display the company that supplied the fireworks were called Selstar.
-

#39 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:45 PM

Thanks for the info Fidel. I did see it before it was removed can I suggest you drop a line/e-mail to the Croydon Advertiser . I'm pretty sure they would love to dig around.

"This is what we find, this is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind."

#40 JOTK

JOTK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

Anyone else really disappointed in the fireworks at Crystal Palace this year? Talk about dull.
I went to the Proms in the Park in August and the fireworks on that occasion were fantastic.
The ones on Nov 5th were badly timed and just a bit er...underwhelming.
Have I been spoilt before?

#41 duckec01

duckec01

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:16 PM

http://www.virtualno.......ic=5140&hl=

There's already a thread on this JOTK, but for the record yes I agree.

#42 Rockchick

Rockchick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

I received the following e-mail from Selstar, the company that put on the firework display in Crystal Palace Park. Thought you may be interested...............

Thank you for your email. We too were extremely distressed by the outcome of the fireworks at Crystal Palace. We are a reputable company, having won the British Firework Championships the year and the show was completely sabotaged by Bromley Council’s ‘Safety Officer’ who, at the last minute, insisted that the site be moved and that the setting up, which had taken 3 hours, had to be redone in 20 minutes which was, of course, an impossibility. Material that should have been fired was, therefore, left unfired as it was not prepared to his liking. At one point he was insisting that the show not be fired at all. My firers, being on the front line, were the ones that took the flack. We have undertaken thousands of shows for Councils, Military Establishments etc. all over the country and have never had to endure this sort of interference by a Council Officer. A similar scenario occurred at Normans Park when our firers were told that they could not fire until the Safety Officers had inspected the site but they were stuck on a bus in traffic!. Our firers were booed by the crowd for the late start. I am sorry you were disappointed, as so many were, but as you can see, we were not at fault.

Best wishes

For SelStar Fireworks

#43 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:25 AM

are you surprised?
councils should be a little bit more "organised" and try not to leave everything at the last minute ....

If I (the council) I am organising the fireworks and I have subcontractors, I make sure I communicate with them asking (amongst the other things) how long does it take to install the fireworks and I will have a health and security officer on site before/during installation not after everything is done and it’d take forever to get back…. No comment end of rant!

Edited by LSPE, 12 November 2007 - 10:26 AM.

Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#44 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:45 PM

Wow, it's refreshing to get a detailed reply from someone rather than a standard response. Shame the council was so inept as to ensure that people don't return next year. It'll probably be used as an excuse not to hold the fireworks in future :rolleyes: .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#45 palacequeen

palacequeen

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:10 PM

surely since they knew that there were going to be delayed, from both the council and organizers, whom I feel are both to blame. Should they not have informed people attending, especially the elderly and folks with young adults and children. Stewards and the PA announcer could have addressed this, and then people could have decided whether they still wanted to pay for this show.

Both parties need to take responsibility and offer an official apology, and in addition a kind gesture to the Crystal Palace Folks and surrounding area masses!

Bromley Council, shame on you and to think that we now have to trust on you with the Peoples Park's next chapter!