51 replies to this topic

#1 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:40 PM

The door to the old McDonalds was open this afternoon - is a new business coming in? Other half says five minutes later he saw Jess and Laura from The Restaurant! Excited speculation began at Spoon Towers. Anyone have any news?

#2 nico

nico

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:42 PM

zizi...

#3 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:46 PM

Really?! That would be nice. How did you hear? I did search VN for McDonalds references before I started this and only found the old thread that had been stopped.

#4 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:11 AM

I think taking into account the space on the first floor the unit might be big enough.

:rolleyes: Getting like a barrack room in here....
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#5 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:13 AM

Who cares what it is as long as its not a fried chicken shop or a hammers club shop !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#6 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:27 AM

There's a zizi in Beckenham in what was The Three Tunnes pub and I reckon the Mcdonald's site is about the same size

#7 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:34 AM

Isn't Zizzi a bit like Pizza Express? Another 'Italian' restaurant, I don't know how they will all make money - that's Lorenzo's, Il Ponte, Pizza Express and now Zizzi.

Although it's better than an emtpy shop!
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#8 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:06 AM

As James has said before, the best place to open a business is where there are already lots of other businesses of the same kind. That said, I wonder how many times a year the average occupancy of restaurants in the Triangle exceeds even 50%.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#9 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:07 AM

a straight fight between zizzi and lorenzos??? blood in the triangle and i know where my cash is going!

#10 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:02 PM

i wouldn't put pizza express at the same leve of lorenzo and zizzi (or ASK) -- more like Pizza Hut to be honest ... and let's stop calling it an "Italian" restaurant cause it ain't !!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#11 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

Yes well Pizza Express still sell pizza and pasta dishes, which are traditionally Italian. Lorenzo's sell pizza and pasta so does Il Ponte, Still Luigi's at the bottom of Gipsy Hill and so will Zizzi's. Yes they may be of variable quality but my point was that with so many established 'italian' restaurants in the area they will be fighting for a share of a finite number of customers. They would have been better off opening in West Norwood where they would be seen as a beacon of ingenuity in a sea of chicken shops. The market is there for a good restaurant, I think people would flock to it. They would also have less competition.
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#12 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:38 PM

The door to the old McDonalds was open this afternoon - is a new business coming in? Other half says five minutes later he saw Jess and Laura from The Restaurant! Excited speculation began at Spoon Towers. Anyone have any news?

Jess and Laura coming to CP - Fantastic - until I saw the state of their kitchen on The Restaurant last night!!!! :o

#13 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:19 PM

Don't forget Mediterranea in your list of Italian restaurants - a different offering of course from like likes of Pizza Express and Zizzi!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#14 rennie

rennie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

Who are Jess and Laura?

#15 sampilger

sampilger

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

Hang on, is the arrival of Zizzi based on any facts or good sources, or just wild speculation?