• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 keziahthomas

keziahthomas

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

Really enjoyed 'The Restaurant' and am looking forward to the final. I don't reakon Jess and Laura won (as the other couple are more 'Gastro) so I'm guessing they have been looking at empty restaurants in south london for somewhere to open their Restaurant. My boyfriend would be VERY please if they open in CP!

#32 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:56 PM

I wouldnt worry Irons I'ms sure an Palace club shop would not survive up the triangle either.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#33 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:22 PM

Final starts tonight.

#34 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

According to the latest Croydon Guardian, Jess and Laura 'have pledged to open their first restaurant in Crystal Palace'.

#35 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:55 PM

Interesting. They didn't mention they already work as performers and models, as well as just the party-organising they said they did, when on The Restaurant. In an effort to get more info about any openings in CP at the time, I did some rummaging. Did the Croydon Guardian not say any more? Will have a look for the article later. I hope to goodness they take the McDonald's site even if only to keep something less interesting away. But perhaps it's too big a site for a first attempt.

#36 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

Said no more really, except that CP was lacking the kind of place they want to runů

#37 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

have you got the link to the article as I cannot find it!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#38 rennie

rennie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:47 PM

So did they win? Is the restaurant going to happen?

#39 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:06 PM

I don't have the link as I read it in one of those old fashioned things made from trees (I don't think the website is as up-to-date as the printed paper) and I'm not saying if they won or not - that'd be called a spoiler!

#40 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:19 PM

The article (including details of who won) is here...
http://www.yourlocal...ymond_blanc.php

I suppose it would be asking too much of our local paper to spell Gipsy Hill correctly; at least once in my lifetime would suffice... sigh :(

European.vote - EU Referendum

#41 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

it's probably going to be a betfred or an estate agent - not a restaurent. sorry

#42 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

Then this thread needs to be moved to Pet Hates. Or renamed Reasons Not To Be Cheerful.

When I first read this post, I thought it must be a joke. Those are the two things that everyone agrees we don't need. But I suppose if companies in those fields are the only ones interested in the site then what can you do? Though I did see an online petition from people in East Dulwich sent to someone with some power, I presume, protesting against allowing Cafe Nero to open there and further homogenise their shopping streets. I like having Cafe Nero but I'm not keen on a Betfred... No idea how it turned out. Worth a punt?

#43 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

Well, if it's other news about the McDonald's site it would probably be best in a new topic - it would be nice if we could keep this topic focussed on Jess and Laura and where they open their new restaurant in CP, wherever that may be.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#44 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

Perhaps Jess & Laura will snap up the Pizza Hut site?

#45 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:16 PM

It's certainly a good spot. Glass-fronted on two sides, good aspect, lots of competition around... it's just the rent <_<
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter