• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#31 skylark

skylark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

There`s one at Crystal Palace Football Ground every sunday its not bad very good plant stall and lots of other stuff! Enjoy!

#32 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

The Virgo Fidelis one may have been last week.

#33 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

I have been meaning to go to car boot sale at the Crystal Palace football ground for an absolute age now, and finally got round to setting up on Sunday morning. It was my first ever car boot sale, so had no idea what to expect, but I absolutely loved it - lots of people stopped for a chat, had fun bargaining prices, saw someone from VN who I met recently. Got rid of about 2/3rds of my stuff, which isn't bad, and made more money that I was expecting to - not far off 100. Will definitely do it again.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#34 Rael

Rael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

Hi, just a quick note to let you know that I've set-up a number of web sites to help promote local events. These are mainly charity fund raisers for schools, scouts, local charities, etc. There is one specifically for car boot sales and auctions. They are: www.bootsalesandauctions.co.uk, www.bookandjumblesales.co.uk and www.fetesandfairs.co.uk. There is also an umbrella site that lists all events: www.interestingsales.co.uk.

Based primarily in Croydon, but covering a wider area it is free to list your event. If you know of any events (school fetes?) please let me know via one of the sites or if you just want to know what is happening please check the relevant site for you!

#35 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

I did my second car boot sale yesterday, again at the Selhurst Park grounds: as I've just rented my flat out, I had a lot of stuff to offload. Similar to last time, was a good turnout, had a good bit of banter with the people selling either side of me, and made a tidy sum that made it worthwhile. Everything left over, I donated to a charity shop. Not planning to do anymore in a while, but I would stick with this boot sale and recommend it to others.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#36 Gemster

Gemster

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:39 PM

There is a car boot sale at Virgo Fidelis on Monday 31st August. Is this open to anyone?

#37 siat1

siat1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

Does anyone know how I can book a pitch at the Selhurst Park car boot sale this sunday? Is there a number i can call or do I just turn up and pay on arrival? Been meaning to get rid of my junk. This may be a good opportunity.

#38 trixie

trixie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:31 AM

Last time I was there seemed you just turned up - the earlier the better - they run 7am-2pm. There's also a computer fair on this Sunday (29th) which means you'll get more folks along to snap up the family heirlooms!

#39 Gemster

Gemster

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:16 AM

Last time I was there seemed you just turned up - the earlier the better - they run 7am-2pm. There's also a computer fair on this Sunday (29th) which means you'll get more folks along to snap up the family heirlooms!

Can you turn up anytime to sell your stuff? I don't fancy pitching up at 7am!

#40 trixie

trixie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

I think you can turn up later, but it seems to be a tradition with Sunday boot fairs that the manic enthusiasts are there waiting from dawn to swoop as you unload the car! Wouldn't leave it too late though just in case you don't get a pitch, what with the computer fair on etc. By 9am most folk are usually set up and trading. If you need a wallpaper table give me a shout.

#41 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

The earlier you get there, the better. If you rock up at 6.45ish, you will get the other traders rooting thru your things to see what goodies you have. People tend to come early to the Selhurst park carboot sale - the bargain hunters especially will be there from 7am sharp. The morning will be busier than than after midday. I normally run out of steam then and head off for a well-deserved pub lunch!

#42 siat1

siat1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info. Looks like it will be a very early night for me on Saturday. Definitely could do with borrowing a wallpaper table for my first boot sale. Is the offer still open?

#43 trixie

trixie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the info. Looks like it will be a very early night for me on Saturday. Definitely could do with borrowing a wallpaper table for my first boot sale. Is the offer still open?

Yes. PM me.

#44 sydenhamcentral

sydenhamcentral

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:27 PM

Are there any car boot sales on at the moment? I'd love to get rid of loads of jun..I meant top quality stuff I no longer use.

Is Selhurst Park still the best one nearby?

#45 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

And are they held all year or only a fair weather event?