247 replies to this topic

#241 picklesgirl13

picklesgirl13

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

Hi all,

Still trying to get to my first reading group meeting... I know I just missed the June meet, but when will the next one be, and what are you reading?

:D

#242 Feather

Feather

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

A friends and I would also like to join. Could you let us know the date and book for the next meeting?

Many thanks

#243 pink

pink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

HI,
We will be meeting on 21st July at Westow House 7.30pm. We are reading William Boyd's 'Ordinary Thunderstorms. All new members very welcome!
(and returners too, of course).
Pink

#244 Janee

Janee

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

We are reading William Boyd's 'Ordinary Thunderstorms.

Ohh! :excitedsmiley! That's the next book I want to read so I will be very interested to 'hear' your comments :)

#245 quilty

quilty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

Ohh! :excitedsmiley! That's the next book I want to read so I will be very interested to 'hear' your comments :)

There's still a chance to finish "Ordinary Thunderstorms"! We are now meeting a week later: next Wednesday 28th July, same time at Westow House. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

#246 MellyMel

MellyMel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hi, very old thread - was wondering if this book club was still going - I know there is one starting @ the Booksellers Crow - but like the idea of meeting in the pub! If anyone sees this can you please e-mail me @ DeliciousMeliscious@hotmail.co.uk don't judge me by my e-mail address!

#247 Ann

Ann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hi There,

Could you let me know what you're reading for October (and November, in case I don't manage to get through October's book in time!) and when your next meeting is?

Thanks,

Ann

#248 Paloolah

Paloolah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hi Ann,
Apologies for taking ages to get back to you. The latest books and meet up places can always be found here on the book club Wiki page:
http://wiki.virtualn...d.com/Book_Club

The next book is called Revenge of the Nerds, and is available as a free download. We're meeting to discuss it on Wed 14th Nov 7.30 at the Alma. In December we're going more traditional - Anna Karenina. At the moment pencilled in for Wed 12 December 7.30 at Exhibition rooms, but tbc in November.

You're very welcome to join us at either!